Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-2824 KMC6000

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C-2824 KMC6000

did you do toner revert?I would swap the k dv unit with the yellow dv unit.Put tape over the dv slot where the toner goes in.and run it again .see if the error code changes.if it does you have a bad dv unit.good luck

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    did you do toner revert?I would swap the k dv unit with the yellow dv unit.Put tape over the dv slot where the toner goes in.and run it again .see if the error code changes.if it does you have a bad dv unit.good luck
    I'm back in there tomorrow so I will give the dev swap a go. I did do the toner revert. Thanks for the input.

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Well back to the drawing board. Swapped out the dev unit, same result. Changed 1st primary same result. Stopped machine mid test sheet (53) at 255 k only. Image light. Density on the tcr was in spec at 130. I'll get new dev mix tomorrow and try again. It can't be any of the hv's units as every other colour is fine. This is completely odd. See printouts with every new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C-2824 KMC6000

How did you ever make out here>?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-2824 KMC6000

I have two C6501s and have had this before with a weak drum, not sure what caused it but swapping drums, yellow and black usually get me though to the next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RAI View Post
    Good Day. Looking for some help. I have a C6000 that had a worn K drum. Upon replacing it and doing the calibration I got a grey copy with back ground. I replaced the back developer mix and went to calibrate. Machine through a C-2824 upon auto gradation auto adjust. I looked and cleaned the gamma sensor, changed the developer unit, chargers. In test mode I can get a light grey output on test sheet 53 at 200. At 70 the sheet is blank with a slight roughness on the sheet like a dev leak without the mess. As well I stop the machine in test mode and verify all colours are being layed down on the drums. But the black is very light. Any ideas or help well appreciated. Thank you.
    Have you solved the problem? I also have the same problem: error code 2824. and the same black die.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C-2824 KMC6000

I am still battling this issue on a c1070. Luckily for me it is in our printshop out front of our office. We have 2 C1070s. I have swapped The entire carriage, drums, charges, etc. i swapped the carriage itself. Transfer belt, Color registration assembly, PRCB. No luck, the same machine still codes. It is intermittent but it will code multiple times in a row once it happens. Reseat some things and magically its gone.

I am looking to replace the wiring from the PRCB to the connector that the carriage meets. Not sure what else to do.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C-2824 KMC6000

Cut those zip ties 1st...

is the faulty machine near the doors? lower humidity or right under the HVAC vents?

would swap drum motors next...

on the C6501 we had to replace the DV drive unit - at 5million. Not sure where your meter is at on the faulty one....