Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-2824 KMC6000

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

C-2824 KMC6000

Good Day. Looking for some help. I have a C6000 that had a worn K drum. Upon replacing it and doing the calibration I got a grey copy with back ground. I replaced the back developer mix and went to calibrate. Machine through a C-2824 upon auto gradation auto adjust. I looked and cleaned the gamma sensor, changed the developer unit, chargers. In test mode I can get a light grey output on test sheet 53 at 200. At 70 the sheet is blank with a slight roughness on the sheet like a dev leak without the mess. As well I stop the machine in test mode and verify all colours are being layed down on the drums. But the black is very light. Any ideas or help well appreciated. Thank you.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C-2824 KMC6000

Re: C-2824 KMC6000

swap coronas yet?

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    swap coronas yet?
    Hi There,

Yes I had swapped the coronas and had forgot to mention this. It seems to be charge related.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I assume that you have done dv replacement before and did toner density sensor adj after dv charge.I would try dv revert on the k dv unit .If that doesn't work either replace the dv sensor or the unit.and re cali.good luck.also I would check the dv gear to make sure they all turn,you might have one the doesn't mesh with other one

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I assume that you have done dv replacement before and did toner density sensor adj after dv charge.I would try dv revert on the k dv unit .If that doesn't work either replace the dv sensor or the unit.and re cali.good luck.also I would check the dv gear to make sure they all turn,you might have one the doesn't mesh with other one
    Yes I did. I'll look at the gear mesh but the dev unit I just replaced with a new one. I'm back at it tomorrow. Should there be any new discoveries I'll list.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts neil greenhough's Avatar

Try swapping the dev unit position with another unit and then check to see if the problem moves with the dev unit. This way you can get closer to diagnosing whether it is charge or dev unit related. How many prints has the unit produced?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Quote Originally Posted by neil greenhough View Post
    Try swapping the dev unit position with another unit and then check to see if the problem moves with the dev unit. This way you can get closer to diagnosing whether it is charge or dev unit related. How many prints has the unit produced?

Hmmm aren't the C6000/c7000 units unique? I know the cyan is a different part number opposed to yellow or magenta. As this is the k unit is it possible to move it in place of a colour and tape the toner holes closed? This is a new dev unit k, k drum, charger, k dev material. It happened after the first drum started leaving a back ground. I replaced the drum and code was thrown. I replaced the drum again and the code remained. Then I replaced chargers, dev and material. I cleaned idc. Darn thing will give me a toner density check no problem. Test sheet 53 at 70 for all colours is great. K comes out blank. It I drive the density to 200 I get a grey output.
    Is it possible to have a damaged print control board that just affects k? I'm looking for the obvious. Usually that's the answer. Faulty dc voltage to the k dev unit? Any clues what values I should be checking for? I'll attach the a picture of the belt after if through a code to see if anyone can see something I'm missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you checked the K transfer roller?

Also you could try printing a K 255 pattern then stop machine before paper exits and check the drum to see if the density is correct.

Technician
    C-2824 KMC6000

Quote Originally Posted by neil greenhough View Post
    Also you could try printing a K 255 pattern then stop machine before paper exits and check the drum to see if the density is correct.

I didn't have a k 1st transfer roller with me but it was on my mind to replace it. I will try that tomorrow. I will look at the 255 k as well on the drum at that time. Thanks for you ideas.