Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

konica pro80 ic305 stuck on starting up

Hello, I have a pro80 controller 65-55 v2.1 connected to a c6501 that is just plain acting strange. It powers on with amber blinking light on fiery right above fiery lcd. It has faci and cws comes up fully, but the fiery just sits there at starting up with green blinking light both on the controller above lcd and on fiery monitor in upper right hand corner. The fiery bar also says exited. I installed a wireless usb so it has internet access but when I try 127.... it comes back as refused connection. I have system software but not user software, is there something I'm missing? On the c6501 controller is greyed as well, switched scsi cable twice but nothing. the fiery won't come out of starting up even with out the copier connected. I can go into various progams and files on the fiery with no problem but coier won't see controller. Don't really want to wipe hd, Any help would be appreciated.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: konica pro80 ic305 stuck on starting up

can you remote desktop into it?

Technician

I'm not sure how. I thought it was as simple as typing the ip address into the address bar but it keeps saying refused connection. And please remember that even though I can get into cws and just about everything on the fiery it's stuck on starting up. Don't know if that may have something to do with it refusing connection.

wait, sorry i just read you DO have a FACI kit right?
    so you can log in but dont see anything but a windows xp desktop correct?
    sorry if these questions are redundant but it was a long day and half my brain broke
    can you go into network properties and make sure both lan connections are enabled, on the main connection you can manually input the DNS and gateway so it wont need the wireless.

Technician

yes i do have faci. I do get windows desk top also cws5 powers on and allows me to see 172.0.0.1 and c6501, clicking on either it ask for password then comes back unable to connect. I can go into network properties and lan 2 is disabled. I can enable lan 2 but then what? do I input the network gate/dns or is there another area to look for them.

did you try a blank password?
    also is all the correct network info on the 1st lan? dont worry about the second one for now.
    if you try to add the printer LPR using the correct IP not 127.0.0.1 through the FACI will it find the printer?
    if not it may not be publishing queues.
    what im thinking about is why nothing will print.
    can you open CWS under operator where no password is needed?

Technician

Good morning, what I'm really trying to focus on is getting the fiery to go to idle and come out of "starting up". I can power on the firey, log on with Fiery.1, log on to cws, see the copier and ip127... but cannot connect to either. I suspect my problem is that the fiery isn't going to full ready. Any ideas on why it's not going to idle (ready)? I'm certain that if I can get it to go ready I can work out any printing issues, I just really don't want to have to reload the software and start from scratch.

Technician

Any ideas??? Any one??? any input would be appreciated

reloading system software takes less than an hour, may be the fastest fix?
    do you need the disks? i have ver 3.0 and 2.1
    also through the FACI you can try to run windows system restore and pick a point a couple months ago if its an option.
    there is a system diagnostic disk that comes with the Pro80, you can try running that as well.
    did you try using the REAL IP address in CWS? if you click the green plus sign and let it search for fierys did it find any?
    can you log in under operator where no password is needed?
    im trying to help see if the issue is network related or software corrupted.
    through the FACI can you get to its own IP in a browser as opposed to 127.0.0.1?
    can you see the fiery web page from another PC on the network or your laptop?
    no i dont give up, just been busy
    please let me know the answers to the above so i can follow my line of thought.
    thanks!

Technician

Thanks for hangin' in there with me. I thought about the reload but I only have sys software disk not user software disk, it's oce cs665 version 2.1. Windows restore was turned off and turning on says it will remove all restore points, not kidding! can't access from browser on fiery or network using using either ip, comes back connection refused in both cases. Replaced cable and if board already. searching does not find any servers, I even opened cws4 to try. I can't log in to 127.0.0.1 or the copier connection by ip address, cws5 has these 2 as permanent options, they return as invalid user or password. My next action is to run the diagnostic disk. What do you think about using cd1 and/or cd2 on the hd? I read somewhere last night that the green blinking light on the fiery may be a print job stuck in que but I don't see anything because cws won't open the copier for any functions, every thing is greyed out under file, edit, ect.. even as a stand alone unit not connected to the copier it does the same thing???