Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C550 Bizhub and Fiery Controller 1409

Re: C550 Bizhub and Fiery Controller 1409

IIRC you can also setup a lpr printer queue set to Direct and drag the password file into the printer icon created.
    If the page that prints onlly reads Password= " " the admin password is blank.

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    you "might be able to import it into the hold que and release from there.
    Like RRodgers said you should be able to print it from the hold queue or you could just "Process and Hold" and preview it with CWS5. The Password is not on the config page. I was just saying if you redo system software it'll much easier to put the information back if you have it on paper.
    NOTES ON HOW TO USE THE FAX MACHINE.

1. Get into your DeLorean (or your TARDIS) and go back to 1990.
    2. Place papers in the machine - Face Down.
    3. DO NOT dial 9
    Rejoin the rest of modern civilization.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    IIRC you can also setup a lpr printer queue set to Direct and drag the password file into the printer icon created.
    If the page that prints onlly reads Password= " " the admin password is blank.
    I do not know how to set up an LPR printer on windows 10 and I cannot find an article on it. DO you know how? Is there any other way to print this ps file and see the password

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bungapads View Post
    I do not know how to set up an LPR printer on windows 10 and I cannot find an article on it. DO you know how? Is there any other way to print this ps file and see the password
    AGAIN put it in the queue and then move it from there, it will print out the password. Make sure it comes out on portrait paper or you wont see it as it comes out on the bottom of the page.

/unsubscribe
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by bungapads View Post

all fierys should be setup LPR for the best results.
    lpr.jpg
    just use the correct driver and set this as the port and you can use Direct instead of Print for this.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Re: C550 Bizhub and Fiery Controller 1409

all fierys should be setup LPR for the best results.
    lpr.jpg
    just use the correct driver and set this as the port and you can use Direct instead of Print for this.
    How do you use Direct? Where is Direct? I am completely unfamiliar with what you are saying. It sounds like it might work, but I really need child like instruction. Sorry

add a printer, choose standard tcpip port, type in the IP for the Fiery, point to the correct driver and when setup is done choose properties, ports, tic the bullet for LPR, type Direct as the queue, save.
    print a test page then drag the password file on to the printer icon to print.

\\ipaddress\direct
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

no need to be seen in windows as a network device, i turn off windows printing. no need for it since winxp this i got from EFI class. LPR is much more reliable without wasting resources on the fiery. and frees up more memory on the fiery.
    even loaded on a MAC you use LPD and the IP and Print for the queue (in normal cases)
    using window printing (\\fiery\port) i found if the copier jams or is out of paper, it switches to offline in the printer folder and jobs get held up even though the copier is back ready to go.
    it may not happen all the time but after reloading it LPR my customers dont call for queue constipation.
    your mileage may vary, i can only share my experiences and what i do that works reliably.
    sometimes the USB ports on the fiery are set to auto print, you can try putting the file on a usb stick and plug it into the fiery?
    if you are looking for a faster fix you can rerun system software.
    lemme know if you need it, ill give you a link.

no need to be seen in windows as a network device, i turn off windows printing. no need for it since winxp this i got from EFI class. LPR is much more reliable without wasting resources on the fiery. and frees up more memory on the fiery.
    even loaded on a MAC you use LPD and the IP and Print for the queue (iin normal cases)
    using window printing (\\fiery\port) i found if the copier jams or is out of paper, it switches to offline in the printer folder and jobs get held up even though the copier is back ready to go.
    it may not happen all the time but after reloading it LPR my customers dont call for queue constipation.
    your mileage may vary, i can only share my experiences and what i do that works reliably.
    sometimes the USB ports on the fiery are set to auto print, you can try putting the file on a usb stick and plug it into the fiery?
    if you are looking for a faster fix you can rerun system software.
    lemme know if you need it, ill give you a link.
    I agree, but you have to agree that \\ is one of the fastest ways to connect and be off to the races, the guy just needs the direct queue up and running... Since he hasn't figured out how to just inpot the file.