Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ahum, I had a broken developer this week, The developer was totally stuck, result c2000. I opened the developer to find out that the toner on one side of the cilinder looked like it melted. When I removed the doctor blade the strip on the underside was pushed away on that particular side.

Premier symptomes?

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Ahum, I had a broken developer this week, The developer was totally stuck, result c2000. I opened the developer to find out that the toner on one side of the cilinder looked like it melted. When I removed the doctor blade the strip on the underside was pushed away on that particular side.

Premier symptomes?
    One thing that is very important on these machines (falcon 1 and 2). Make sure you check and clean the filters on every service call. One filter is located in the bypass unit (on top). The second filter you need to remove the lower right cover. It is located on the right side. If the filters are clogged the machine will not pull in cool air to help cool the dv and drum units causing lots of copy quality problems. ie: toner sticking to mag roller and doctor blade. Also dv units have been modified more than once. Part number should end with at least 15 for the newest version.
    Last edited by kyoceradude; 03-02-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: additional info
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician

Cool Katun toner

I will not use Katun toner in the new machines at all, to many quality problems. The older machines seem to handle it okay if you change the developer to katun as well....Duke

troyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spank6482 View Post
    Just wait until your developing units start to fail after about 250-300k. Not every one of them will fail but you will have some issues. Katun makes a great fuser roller and an OK feed tire but the charge/bias/toner/laser/drum setup on the current equipment from all the manufactures are just too sensitive to start messing around with. If you think the savings are that big go for it but please don't forget to factor in a bunch of future CQ calls and the cost of finding new customers after they buy their next machine from someone else.

Use the aftermarket shit in your old analogs but don't get too greedy and end up paying more in the long run.
    thanks for your concern and input. but i'll take my chances.

SPAWN

Thumbs down Some Problems I've Seen

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    has anyone tried the Katun toner for the KM-2530, KM-3530, KM-4030 from Katun? any recommendations?

Looks like the copies come out light sometimes all black, the reason? the developer magnet roller gets damage for light copies and the main charger grid get clogged with toner and caused the black copies at the end the customer has to replace DV, Drum, transfer and main charger.

For me is not good enough. Good luck if you try it.

Senior Production Tech 100+ Posts texchar555's Avatar

toner for 30/40/5050

Only use km toner. If you use something else you will void the warranty on the whole machine. I just finished the class and they said it. we had a tech in our class and he mentioned it and the instructor told him all 40 machines have lost the warrenty . When you send in any parts drum,dev,fuser or anything else they will look at the test chart , before copy and after and then the machine report . they will see that a nother toner brand was used. It shows a code .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GottaFixEmAll's Avatar
    The O.E.M toners are not built by the OEM's, but on contract with toner manufacturers ... the reason this is so hit and miss is that manufacturers buy the toner and developers from the same people ... thus the system is matched ! ... one can analyze the mix and attempt to match the original formulation ... but there are many variables ...

And the reason we attempt to use the lower cost supplies is that there is so little money in service ... The customer wants it all, and wants it for nothing ... Hmmhhh ?

Mike

Dukem

Think about it:

I think we all know that for best results on these machines is to use OEM toner. If your getting that much pressure to increasing revenue (been there) just make sure the boss, owner or whoever your superior is knows the potential for loss. Not only eating the drum & dv units and man hours but the loss of customer satisfaction and confidence can cost a lot more when it comes time to replace, upgrade or add new equipment.

I worked for a company that always looked for a way to cut costs and started using katun, polek and other brands. When that became more important than customer service they lost more than just me.

It may make the bottom line look better right now to the bean counter types but is it worth it in the long run? Nope.