Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Skew tray 1 C364

Non E series.

Few months back there was bad skew in tray one only even with plain letter. They do however run thick paper over spec in that tray alot.

I replaced all rollers and one ways. That fix it last time for a few months

Same skew again. I went ahead and replaced rollers and one ways. All three rollers used were A00J563600. That is all I have. I cleaned the registration roller well. I test again with lattice pattern but skew is still there.

I then look at loop setting. Tray 1 is at 5 and tray 2 at 0. I set tray 1 to zero and then it prints perfect. Then curiosity had me set back to 5 and it was still ok so makes me think it didn't help. It was working so I let it go. Paper path looks good from visual inspection. Tray 2 is perfect.

I got a call back and decided to order a paper feed assy but it is backordered for a week. Told customer that they could use tray 2 but they say image is shifted over too much in that tray. They need to print on 80 lb paper but bypass is skewing a little with this paper.

Account is 1 hour 45 min away. Gonna half to make two more trips unless I can fix without entire paper feed assy. Any ideas. I at least gonna half to go out there to fix the tray 2 centering.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Technician
    Skew tray 1 C364

Re: Skew tray 1 C364

Sounds like an issue with registration roller bushings. Had one doing this a few months back and new bushings and reg roller fixed it. I also replaced the housing the registration roller sits in.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

We have seen this on brand new machines, always tray 1 too.

Personally, i just changed the feed unit and it fixed it the 1 time I had it (rollers did nothing), but this other tech changed the feed unit, the registration unit and the complete tray 1 and it still did it. We ended up replacing his whole machine.

Wasnt there some talk of packing out the door latching hooks to bring it more firmly closed? Though I dont know how that would make any difference to tray 1 since it goes straight to the registration unit. This to me sounds like a bandaid solution to a machine bent in transit anyway.

I found a paper feed unit and registration roller assy in a new 364e that we received damaged.

I just replaced both so hopefully it stays fixed.

I did notice that on the new assy the registration roller was a little easier to turn by hand so that was probably the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We had the exact same problem show up and we replaced just about everything in the paper path and nothing worked. Had our DSM come in and he said that everything was okay. KM does not have any solutions to this problem. Our DSM said to disable the tray. The customer is not using it that much. Just weird!!

KEN

same issue here, 364e 5mm+ skew tray 1 only. replaced tray 1 and complete pickup assy no change. Tried every loop setting from -11 to + 7 - no change at all. Any Konica techs on here ? there must be a bulletin released for this issue.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Skew tray 1 C364

Perhaps not the issue this time, but I have heard from colleagues that since KonicaMinolta changed the way of packing of their new machines some of them become warped in the box during transportation.

"KM does not have any solutions to this problem. Our DSM said to disable the tray."
    that was a joke isn't it??

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Clean and oiled registration roller bushings fixed mine Thanks all

Our DSM escalated this globally. Never heard a word about a fix. Had to replace machine. We swapped the Feed units, registration unit, tried shimming some guides. Swapped the
    Laser unit. Everything but the serial #. New machine does not have a problem.

HATED COPIERS for 40 yerz John Alldrick's Avatar

Found KMBS bulletin -KBA00035521 known issue

GUIDE PLATE /B inside inner right door is warped/worn/damaged - About $20
    P/N: A161 7103 00 ITEM #29 ON INNER RIGHT DOOR (see image)

can affect B224-B554e, C224-C554e

I cannot see anything wrong with plate except minor wear, but it fixed it instantly