Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C368 series and fiery ic-416

My 2 cents...

1. Outside of production MFPs there is very little reason for the Fiery controller option, 99% of those that get this configuration never take advantage of it. The 1% that do are marketing (with document design knowledge) departments, and MAC users. The Fiery does not improve the overall gamut of the MFP.
    2. If the Fiery is installed, I always separate the 2 controllers, offer both drivers, and use the Emperon for all scanning.
    3. I go over calibration, but of the 1 % listed above that use the Fiery, only 1 or 2 have ever invested in the Fiery calibration tool (ES1000, 2000, ISIS ect), and the basic internal calibration is almost useless
    4. I always print out the Fiery sample sheets and provide these to the customer as I can go back to these and say the color you are trying to reproduce isn't on the chart so stop bothering me. (lol)
    5. Sales will always tell the customer the Fiery is needed to print their corporate logos,(pantones) but this is seldom true, and usually results in screaming customers that are pissed that the present output does not match what they printed 1-2 years ago. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

emujo, you so right, a fiery without a calibration device is worthless.
    we offer our customers a service, to calibrate their fiery with ES 2000 and that paper measurment stuff is allways extra.
    this helps fastly, that they order their own instrument.

greetings peter

Quote Originally Posted by Stevehuk View Post
    Had the same issue myself this week. Fixed now

I have the MFD and Fiery using own Ethernet cables so no crossover although I have also tested using this configuration which also worked. My MFD has a Static IP but also tested with DHCP which also worked. The Fiery will pick up a DHCP address by default but like the MFD, static IPs can be assigned during setup.

Fiery system software on 1.1 and C368 FW on version E which is latest as of today.

Power up up the Fiery.....wait a while (it's a Fiery after all) a minute should do it then power up the MFD.

The Fiery Button should appear but then disappear again whilst the Fiery cycles around again (IC414 does the same thing)

When the Fiery button appears again you should be able to get to the setup but even after the second reboot you might see a message saying the Fiery is still not quite ready. From memory its some red text across the top of the screen which disappears after another 30 seconds or so.

The setup enables you to configure IPs for connectivity but that's it. All other config must be done using either WebTools or Command Workstation.

Good Luck
    SteveH
    I just have installed five c558 with fiery Ic416, all machine show error message * failed to connect to controller device, Please check network settings *
    Any one can to fix the problem?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C368 series and fiery ic-416

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Problem
    "Can not connect to controller device, Check your network settings" error message when IC-416 attached to MFP.
    Please see attached image.

Solution
    CAUSE: Upgrading firmware to G00-N5, G00-Q1 or G00-Q4 causing network data corruption when IC-416 attached.

SOLUTION: Perform clear Network settings from "Counter stop 00 stop 01-> CE password 9272 4x-> System 1-> Initialization-> Clear Network settings

Please see attached images for another symptoms like (Authentication Failure when trying to log in to page scope as an Admin and under public user on page scope not showing the machine image only the bypass tray lever is showing).

Technical Notes
    Please make sure to backup address book and network settings before performing clear all network data.
    If MFP been managed by any application or solution make sure to un-manage MFP before clear network data.
    hope this helps.

Disabling Quick IP Filtering solved it for me

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There have also been some suggestions of disabling SNMP3, and if using SSL disable SSL 3.0