Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C368 series and fiery ic-416

anyone getting "cannot connect to controller. please check network settings" on c368, c308 or c258 when ic-416 is added? if left idle, comes on every 10mins and 5 secs. have tried changing network speeds, connected to a mini hub, used static and auto ip address'. i'm using non crossover cable method. any suggestions.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: C368 series and fiery ic-416

Hello. Dont take this the wrong way but why in the world would anyone use both controllers?
    Its the same click regardless. Fiery is the better quality and reliability Makes no sense whatsoever to have both controllers active.
    Can you switch it the normal way with the crossover and see if the iasue still exists?
    Again my confusion is not aimed at you, just the BS dual print setup is irrelevant and makes diagnosis of several network issues miserable.
    Outside of that, is the firmware up to date?

Fiery is always the better way to print, im getting familiar.
    But having the bizhub controller allways in the network, it will expand the capabilitys of the system.
    Its much esear, to control email and scan functions, also the complete scanadresses can be saved, restored or copied over pagescope admin. That will not work trough the fiery. If i install a bizhub with fiery, first i remove the crossover-line, install a switch and attach both controlers to the network.
    Configure Fiery and calibrate it for best results.
    Then i configure emperon for scanning and maybe for alerts etc.
    This is my way, to have this combination working fine.

Greetings peter

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

LOL, the fiery assigns the next IP up to the copier and you access everything you just mentioned with no issue. all scans and such merely use the fiery as a passthru device.
    if the fiery is 10.0.0.10 the copier is given 10.0.0.11 and you pagescope through that.
    thats why i havent heard one good function or reason to use both controllers.

install Bizhb with fiery at a nuklear medicin clinic.
    have a defined IP adress for digital imaging printing from their IT.
    Have Fiery giving second IP for Bizhub enabled? No!
    Give Empreron an different Adress.

Trouble can here be exhousting, if next IP is a gamma camera or an CT or MR System.
    I had some years ago to cancel my vacancy for those shit, Fiery stops an MRCT to conversate with its desktop.
    IT told me to use 192.168.10.12 for Fiery
    Fiery sets Bizhub to 192.168.10.13
    and that was the place for the gamma camera, the clinic was 2 days off.

Technician

I have an 8 series with 416 also that is setup crossover and does the same thing. I'd like to know what the fix is! It's like the fiery app doesn't seem to see the fiery all the time.

on the copier, have entered fiery setup and set login timeout to never. seems to have improved matters. also rebooted both fiery and machine a few times. i think it may take a few attempts for them to see each other.

Had the same issue myself this week. Fixed now

I have the MFD and Fiery using own Ethernet cables so no crossover although I have also tested using this configuration which also worked. My MFD has a Static IP but also tested with DHCP which also worked. The Fiery will pick up a DHCP address by default but like the MFD, static IPs can be assigned during setup.

Fiery system software on 1.1 and C368 FW on version E which is latest as of today.

Power up up the Fiery.....wait a while (it's a Fiery after all) a minute should do it then power up the MFD.

The Fiery Button should appear but then disappear again whilst the Fiery cycles around again (IC414 does the same thing)

When the Fiery button appears again you should be able to get to the setup but even after the second reboot you might see a message saying the Fiery is still not quite ready. From memory its some red text across the top of the screen which disappears after another 30 seconds or so.

The setup enables you to configure IPs for connectivity but that's it. All other config must be done using either WebTools or Command Workstation.

Good Luck
    SteveH

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Hello. Dont take this the wrong way but why in the world would anyone use both controllers?
    Its the same click regardless. Fiery is the better quality and reliability Makes no sense whatsoever to have both controllers active.
    Can you switch it the normal way with the crossover and see if the iasue still exists?
    Again my confusion is not aimed at you, just the BS dual print setup is irrelevant and makes diagnosis of several network issues miserable.
    Outside of that, is the firmware up to date?

Surely its the customer who dictates what is required - not the tech?
    I can think of a number of reasons why both controllers are used independently.

A Fiery RIP can only be considered better "quality" if the customer can define what they mean by quality. It's the same engine pumping out the prints after all so if the engine is printing at its optimum and the Fiery is calibrated to spec then you might not see any difference in the output.

That's my two penny's worth 😄
    SteveH

Quote Originally Posted by Stevehuk View Post
    Had the same issue myself this week. Fixed now

I have the MFD and Fiery using own Ethernet cables so no crossover although I have also tested using this configuration which also worked. My MFD has a Static IP but also tested with DHCP which also worked. The Fiery will pick up a DHCP address by default but like the MFD, static IPs can be assigned during setup.

Fiery system software on 1.1 and C368 FW on version E which is latest as of today.

Power up up the Fiery.....wait a while (it's a Fiery after all) a minute should do it then power up the MFD.

The Fiery Button should appear but then disappear again whilst the Fiery cycles around again (IC414 does the same thing)

When the Fiery button appears again you should be able to get to the setup but even after the second reboot you might see a message saying the Fiery is still not quite ready. From memory its some red text across the top of the screen which disappears after another 30 seconds or so.

The setup enables you to configure IPs for connectivity but that's it. All other config must be done using either WebTools or Command Workstation.

Good Luck
    SteveH
    I have just had the same problem, tried the system software upgrade to v1.1 and updated the machine firmware and no luck.

Ended up being a failed HDD in the fiery, replaced that and all started working again.