Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS-534 Ejector Unit C1105

Hi ,
    Can someone tell me where to find the assembly / disassembly procedure for the ejector unit on a FS-534 Finisher? I need to replace it and I cant find the procedure in the documentation.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    FS-534 Ejector Unit  C1105

Re: FS-534 Ejector Unit C1105

Personally I have never had to take one apart. I looked around and like you couldn't find much. Unfortunately it may be one of those cases where you may have to wing it. Looking at manual all I saw was how to remove the eject motor. Maybe if you follow those instructions it will get you close to removing the unit. The parts manual shows it clear but can't tell how hard it would be to get to.

I wish K/M would go back to separate manuals for the options. At least there would be more details. Just like when you go for training, they go over options on last day for a few hours then cut you loose.
    Last edited by copyman; 06-24-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Personally I have never had to take one apart. I looked around and like you couldn't find much. Unfortunately it may be one of those cases where you may have to wing it. Looking at manual all I saw was how to remove the eject motor. Maybe if you follow those instructions it will get you close to removing the unit. The parts manual shows it clear but can't tell how hard it would be to get to.

I wish K/M would go back to separate manuals for the options. At least there would be more details. Just like when you go for training, they go over options on Friday for a few hours then cut you loose.
    Thanks, I spent an hour on site and about an hour at home looking. Looks like a wing and a prayer to me as well. Ill have to remove all covers, Take a few pics and jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocavon View Post
    Thanks, I spent an hour on site and about an hour at home looking. Looks like a wing and a prayer to me as well. Ill have to remove all covers, Take a few pics and jump in.

Ha, The timing disk on the bundle eject motor was wobbling.. Guess I dodged a bullet.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I wrote myself a procedure for accessing the regulating plates, since that's been a major weakness on the FS-534. You do need to release the eject section to remove the regulating plates. Typically I just let it hang from the two harnesses, but it's only two connectors that keep it attached. I do not take many pictures, but the text might help you. I can do the complete disassembly/reassembly in 60 minutes round trip.

If you'd like to see the .txt file, send a destination email in a private message. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

pulley ejector unit FS-534.JPG

I need to replace the gear [12, see image] from the ejector unit. I'm afraid there's no other option than to remove the ejector unit, any new tips?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The first time that those eject belt got out of time, I did a disassembly of this unit. Yes, you'll have to take it apart. While you're in there, use the opportunity to check those regulating plates. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

i did this once and it is a pain in the butt. you can take it apart or it does come as an assy.

I managed to replace the gear but it was quiet a job.

The easy part was taking out the ejector unit which wasn't that hard after all (once the stapler unit was out). Opening the ejector unit wasn't that hard either I just struggled to get everything back into place as you might have guessed. It took me about 3 hours to get it done. I did ran a couple of tests and it works fine.

I actually have had very few problems with this type of finisher, I can remember having some trouble with the booklet folder a few years ago and once I had to replace the finisher pcb (FSCB) for a problem with a sensor. I hope this problem won't happen again, maybe next time I'll order the ejector unit instead (if it's not to expensive).

Thanks your help guys!

p

I'm on site with this issue. First time for it for me. Damn, if this isn't the best resource out there. Found the encoder wheel all floppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk