Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C450 no duplex at 1st page

I got a problem with the "new" C450 that I am using. Whatever I try it is impossible to duplex-print the first page as soon as I try to use another tray for the 1st paper. No matter if I use combination or usual duplex, the first page always gets printed just at one side.

Machine got the Fiery and I use PS printing.

Any ideas? It is for sure a software issue, as duplex works well as long as I select all pages from the same tray. Also all pages get printed, but with an empty 2nd side, and another empty page at the end. Happens no matter if i select one of the 4 trays or the bypass.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: C450 no duplex at 1st page

Sounds like you are trying to use "cover" sheet for the 1st page. Does the 1st sheet go through the duplex sequence and nothing is printed on the 1st side? This would be an indication of the tray setup as Letter Head. If you can duplex the job from a single specified tray source, then you are probably choosing some sort of conflict in preferences. Unfortunately, I do not have a Fiery to look at. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well I am trying to use the tray selection in the usual printer dialouge. "First page from" (or similar, I got the german driver installed and donīt know how it is called in the english one). And "Other pages from".
    So duplex is working, as long as I use a single tray, but as soon as I like to mix the media/trays the first page is always simplex. The first page gets printed, but the 2nd not, and the driver is creating another "simplex page for the rest of the document at the end". And waht do you mean by "Letter Head"?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Nobody any idea?

Can at least somebody confirm that printing on an other paper for the first sheet is possible in duplex, when the entire Job is a duplex job? It would make absolutely no sense to have a combination or duplex job, but the copier is always doing a simplex sheet if you use 2 different trays, ...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Within the driver, configure the job the way you think it is supposed to be. Take screen shots of the config and post these. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well, I have the german drivers installed. But here they are. All the important configurations, from an "combination" example from within Acrobat.
    If I select all pages from the same tray, the job gets printed - as it should - in duplex at all pages. If I select first page from another tray (e.g. the Bypass in the example here), the first sheet is simplex, and all other pages are printed (completely) at the other sheets in duplex, ...

Bild-2.jpgBild-3.jpgBild-4.jpgBild-5.jpg