Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

bizhub 1051 web roller build up

I'm getting buildup on the web roller. I've got it set to advance as often as possible. With the set up we have at this customer they print bank statements. Their software send each set of statements as an individual job so the web roller actually advances after each job. I'm getting a lot of build up on it and if we don't watch it it will start scarring up the fuser roller. I've replaces all the filters in the machine and replaces the transfer belt cleaning unit to see if this would help but it doesn't seem to be. Anyone else come across this and what was their fix?

webroller1051.jpg
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: bizhub 1051 web roller build up

Looks like the web is stalling where the heavy build up is or they are running pictures or lid up sky shots that is not being told to you. All I can say is I would check to see if the web is stalling for some reason and ask if they are running high toner coverage prints, copies

all they run on this machine is bank statements. I have propped the door open and taken the web roller off and I can watch the motor actually turning. If I run a test print from service mode or such it will advance like every 12-13 pages. When they run their bank statements it will actually advance every 3-4 pages. In these statements there are pages that are small pictures of checks customers have written but I wouldn't think it's a high coverage really nothing really graphic intensive.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

What about tray settings?

What media type are you using? (plain?)
    What media type is it set for? (plain?)
    What fixing temperature setting? (preferably normal)
    What fixing pressure setting? (preferably weak)
    Is there excessive gear lash in the web advance drive?

It's a relatively narrow window in which toner fuses properly. If the temperature is too high or too low to toner will stick to the heat roller more than the paper, and you'll have more toner to clean off. You're on the right track with the filters. Are all the fans running when they should, and blowing in the correct direction? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you're sure they are not running heavy coverage periodically then judging by the pics you posted it is the web stalling. Watching the motor turn without the web, without the true load on the motor with the web may not show the stall. Try replacing the web motor, check for binding under load with web

The only paper they run thru it is Letter size plain paper with 3 hole punches in it. So it is set to prepunch, tho i may set it to plain and check the fuser and pressure setting Thursday when I go out. Being that they run a lot of this paper thru it it isn't the best quality paper either. There is a lot of paper dust which I imagine factors into it hence why I went with filters and transferbelt cleaning unit. When changing the filters and cleaning unit out I checked every fan I could find in the main body and cleaned out any dust in it. I know these bigger machines run better and cleaner if they can breath good.

Quote Originally Posted by techwurk View Post
    If you're sure they are not running heavy coverage periodically then judging by the pics you posted it is the web stalling. Watching the motor turn without the web, without the true load on the motor with the web may not show the stall. Try replacing the web motor, check for binding under load with web
    I have replaced the web roller motor, that was the first thing I did.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Are they using aftermarket toner or oem. are these oem rollers? if the web is moving then maybe heat like someone said or toner. i have these at printers with heavy print with no problem

Everything is OEM. I've told my boss is refused to work on a production print machine if anything other than OEM is used.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If no web stall then someone there is periodically running heavy graphics, I see no other reason for build up on a web like that. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.