Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician
    try going into tech rep mode then i think its under system 1, option board status, then you can unset the fax option

Technician
    well you are forgetting that i have to pay my tech for the drive out and back also pay for the gas .and everything else that goes with running the buss. so its not a that they are trying to rip you off you are paying for there expert advice and service

Tampa Bay Graphics
    I'm more then willing to pay for a Techs time, gas, and professional diagnosis of the problem. That is why the service request was made in the first place. What do you do when the Tech tells you he can't diagnosis the machine because the service panel is inaccessible?

How would you feel if an Air Conditioner Technician visited your home only to tell you that he dosen't have a clue what's wrong but hands you a $185 bill for the service call?

BTW - The error codes (C-B003, C-B116, and C-B051) all point to the fax board and the solution is to unseat the board. However, I'm told this is imposssible without being able to access the control panel / tech mode.

DarthAlbin
    Any (half-decent) technician should be able to properly begin diagnosis of a service code considering the panel is not defective. If the panel is defective it could be contributing to the symptom and is itself a diagnosis.

If I read your previous posts correctly it sounds like the fax board was reseated with the power on. When the board was re seated the beep was heard at the control panel. If that is the case, it is concievable that what originated as a simple fax isolation solution was elevated to a control panel inoperability condition.

If I was paying for a technician to come out I would have him give me a complete rundown of what the initial costs would be. Just based on what you told me I would price the cost of the control panel and labor. (This is without even being able to look at the control panel much less use it). Once the control panel is operational, I would remove the Fax board (with the main switch off and power cable removed) and enter tech-rep mode to "unset" the fax board. If you require the fax board I would quote the price of the fax board. These things should be able to be done by the KMBS branch technician. If the Branch technician is unable to do that rudimentary analysis, I would request the Service Manager come out and demand no charge for technical incompitance and get an honest apraisal of the situation.

I personally agree with your frustration. Even if the technician points the root cause of your current headache to your hot-insertion of a circuit board you should be given an honest quote to get your machine running. I don't doubt that if you got that, that you would write the check and have your machine back.

Tampa Bay Graphics
    Thank you for the reasonable and positive reply. Many poople have attacked me as though I'm trying to fix the machine myself or that I'm looking to have the machine fixed for free. I understand that there will be a cost involved with having our copier fixed. I'm simply trying to find someone who has experience with the Konica Minolta C450 and has possibly seen the same errors in other C450's.

BTW - The error codes (C-B003, C-B116, and C-B051) were all present before we removed and reseated the fax board.

DarthAlbin
    I know. That's why I said a simple fax board issue was elevated to a larger issue. In the future to prevent these headaches always turn off then unplug before any disconnection.

good luck

Service Manager 100+ Posts deep's Avatar
    Up to now, I suggest to find a reliable dealer to have an overall check and ask them to quote you the price for labor charge and the charge for replacement parts (if any). If you feel reasonable, let them go on.

It seems it is a tough case to handle in the field. If possible, let them collect your machine to their workshop. It will save the travelling time and have more time to check it more detail.
    Kenny

Technician
    it sounds to me that you need to remove the mount kit, its a kit that enables the machine to have a fax kit fitted. If you have a mount kit fitted but no fax then you will possibly get error codes. Also it might be an idea to turn the machine on with the right hand door open, then keep it open while you go into tech rep mode to disable the fax option. This way the machine won't fully boot up and give you the code, it will just display "please close door." Press utility, details, stop, 0, 0, stop, 0, 1 then press 00000000, machine (or state confirm depending on firmware) option board, then unset the fax option, hope this helps

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How Do I Access Techrep / Service Mode?

Did you ever get this POS up and running?