Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C360 stuck in hour glass mode

Re: Bizhub C360 stuck in hour glass mode

Thank you, Woxner, I appreciate the information. I will the customer know its the MFP PWB (P# AOEDH02006) and go from there. I will post the end result.
    Last edited by copiertec; 08-24-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

When updating FW on this model, don't install scanner FW, it can kill the machine
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    When updating FW on this model, don't install scanner FW, it can kill the machine
    We update every C360 with G00-D2 FW. Never experienced a "kill" and hope we never do!
    I saved this procedure in case I have to use a used board sometime. I'm told it's the same procedure for all color machines, but need confirmation for this series.Precedure to fit a used MFP board Revision 6.pdf

Thank you all for the responses. I sent the MFP PWB out for repair and received word from the repair company that the board was the issue but they are unable to repair it basically because of irretrievable corrupted data. Now I have to discuss with the customer if they want to pay the price for a new one, they are not cheap!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I sent the MFP PWB out for repair and received word from the repair company that the board was the issue but they are unable to repair it basically because of irretrievable corrupted data.
    I sincerely doubt that any repair company is to be able to repair such boards. Besides probably from blown ICP's, how are they going to diagnose that very complicated electronics? Only way would be to hook it up to a same type of machine perhaps but that raises a doubt, they cannot have a testing machine for all brands and types. Besides of that where are they going to get the special dedicated IC's from? Power units could be diagnosed and repaired cause that's more or less standard technology not necessarily brand specific but not the logic boards.

Try to get a junker. They are cheap these days and contain lots of other parts. At least that's what we are doing.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    I sincerely doubt that any repair company is to be able to repair such boards. Besides probably from blown ICP's, how are they going to diagnose that very complicated electronics? Only way would be to hook it up to a same type of machine perhaps but that raises a doubt, they cannot have a testing machine for all brands and types. Besides of that where are they going to get the special dedicated IC's from? Power units could be diagnosed and repaired cause that's more or less standard technology not necessarily brand specific but not the logic boards.

Try to get a junker. They are cheap these days and contain lots of other parts. At least that's what we are doing.

Hans
    We have a repair facility but can mostly only fix power supplies or replace suspect ram chips and ICP's.
    Mostly used to repair server/computer motherboards were the chips are more available.

...Get boards from an old machines. Someone did share how to fix the license management error and it works like a charm.
    Replaced only 1 of those C360 boards ever.
    Whatever

So, begins my search for a used MFP PWB. IF anybody has one at a decent price let me know. I'm also going to contact my wholesaler and see what he has to offer as well.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Factory Authorized Circuit Board Repair by Hytec Dealer Services, Inc.
    They send you a repaired board first and you send the bad one back.
    From my own experience their boards have a 97% success rate and their prices are very reasonable.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Factory Authorized Circuit Board Repair by Hytec Dealer Services, Inc.
    They send you a repaired board first and you send the bad one back.
    From my own experience their boards have a 97% success rate and their prices are very reasonable.
    Hytec in Orlando is they only one I know that probably could fix it. They do have test machines for every board they repair. Very reliable. Some proprietary chips they just can't get.
    Truth is, their price is just under what a parts c360 costs whsle, so in most cases get the parts machine. Back to that procedure I posted about swapping it out. I think it applies to this series, but be sure. I am finding some parts on eBay...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts