Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    NC-503 problems on bizhub 163

Is a problem in me or in NC card??? PLEASE KM TECHS HELP.

I had one NC-503 card on stock and tried to install it at the costumers biz 163. I followed instal guide. I have a light signal from both led's.

Its was connected to switch whit default properties(auto).
    I couldn't ping it threw network and print(of corse ). Then, i connected biz to single computer threw CROSSOWER cable and still couldn't get a ping response. I took NC card and place it to another biz 163 but same results!

I got new card from KM and place it in the machine. NOW I CAN PING BUT I CAN NOT PRINT! WTF? .
    When i send a print everything is normal but nothing happens on bizhub 163... I don't get a warning from a XP like failure to print.

PLEASE HELP is it problem again in NC-503 or in me?? SM isn't helping.

Bizhub 163 have a PCL 1.0 drivers freshly downloaded from KM
    p.s.
    BOTH MACHINES ARE BRAND NEW

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I tried to disable all the function in bizhub network settings like LDP web etc. and same problem arise. I tried to disable bidirectional support and advance printing support in drivers and got same result.

Now, it would be funny to try another NC card....or wouldn't?

p.s.
    Official representative for my country say we sold 128 NC cards and how is it possible that your 2 don't work....well i question that my self too

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Are you using XP? Is the firewall on?
    Can you access the web page of the machine?
    Did you install it properly (add printer -> local -> IP port .....)?
    It you get a ping response, you should be able to print.

did you do firmware on the machine i know every B163 / 211 with a nc or ic we had to do firmware on before they would work.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

thx guys for reply.

I tried to put firewall off but didn't help. I can enter in machine thru pagescop. I instaled printer correctly.
    192.168.1.6 on bizhub nc card and 192.168.1.5 on computer lan card.subnet is 255.255.255.0 and gateway is 192.168.1.1.Connection is local, via crossover cable (direct).
    For the firmware, I checked it and its A08E-V501.On aditional information that comes whit card a08e-v5xx and later must be instaled. But since i have no other option i will try to rewrite to later firm whit NC instaled.

I am testing new nc card at my workshop so anyone feel free to tell their thoughts and any kind of advice since im out of them.

THX AHEAD!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Problem fixed. I instaled PCL driver and i should instal GDI.....i forgot printer languages exam on KM site and forgot to read that NC receive GDI instructions only....ehhh....

thx for reply.

p.s.
    First one NC is broken for shure,no ping.At least didn't make mistake in one thing at least

Technician

probleme witth minolta ep-2130

hi

after the reset of imaging unit , my copier minola ep 2130 ge a very clair copy.

can you help me please.
    hankyou

Technician

probleme witth minolta ep-2130

hi

after the reset of imaging unit , my copier minola ep 2130 ge a very light copy.

can you help me please.
    hankyou

Howzit bro , you have to set your c7 to about 3 or 4(if memory serves me correct) its been a very long time since i have worked on these machines and then dude if you want to post a problem then go to the specific forum and click on new thread , that way your problem will be resolved alot quicker . ps . Did you replace the whole image unit or just the pwb-b.
    Rudi

Technician
    i'm sorry,
    i have a message of imaging unit fter 20.000 copy i did follow this seps:

"EP2130/2130PRO
    IU reset procedure
    1) Remove toner bottle from machine.
    2) Turn OFF machine then jumper pins 3 and 5 on PJ3A on the Aboard at the back of the machine with a 1/16 amp
    picofuse. (You may want to bend the ends of the wires on the fuse to help it stay put)
    NOTE DO NOT USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A 1/16 AMP PICOFUSE TO DO THIS. (KATUN PART # 010515)
    3) Open the Copier Clamshell upwards, Then cheat the front door interlock switch. Relace the Image Unit and pull it out about 2 inches.
    4) (a) With the clamshell still open turn the machine ON when warmup is complete Initialization will start. (b) After the auto initilization has started WAIT until the SECOND ZERO has flashed on the display. Then immediatly insert the image unit the rest of the way into the machine. While the machine is still cycling close the clamshell.
    5) Only AFTER the completion of the initilization remove the fuse if it was sucessful the fuse will be open. If the fuse has not opened repeat the above procedure."