Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub C252

Service Manager 100+ Posts deep's Avatar
    To clear the PM counter is just an example, actually I want to enter the service mode to adjust the copy quality only. In my city there is no need to clear any counters about consumable parts (Transfer Belt Unit, Fusing Unit, Paper Powder Filter/Ozone Filter, Transfer Roller Unit, IU) although
    the life cycle is over because our default of this function is set to "NO".
    (That means the life end message will not display).

What you had told me is not true, but it is true to the users only.

I agree with you and I trust that to reset a NVRAM is KM's Top Secret so
    I don't want to violate the Policy of the company.

Thank you so much for spending your time on me.

All the best
    Kenny

kopykatky
    You will have to send it to Konica Minolta to be programmed. it is the same for the USA or any other country. this is the only way to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kopykatky View Post
    You will have to send it to Konica Minolta to be programmed. it is the same for the USA or any other country. this is the only way to fix the problem.
    Thank you for your advise.

I am selling refurbished copiers, just a little profit of each copier is made and I know their charges are very high.

I will find a parts machine with a good NVRAM and it will be much more easier for me to configure the machine.
    Kenny

kopykatky
    It will be a better ideal to put in another used machine in and use the one with bad navram as a part machine the boards will not interchange.

I know how to make it work but the procedures are very complicate but it worth a try because the bad VRAM machine makes only 1000 copier, a very new machine. I can make a better profit on it in compare to deal with Konica Minolta.

Thanks again.
    Kenny

DarthAlbin
    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    To clear the PM counter is just an example, actually I want to enter the service mode to adjust the copy quality only. In my city there is no need to clear any counters about consumable parts (Transfer Belt Unit, Fusing Unit, Paper Powder Filter/Ozone Filter, Transfer Roller Unit, IU) although
    the life cycle is over because our default of this function is set to "NO".
    (That means the life end message will not display).

What you had told me is not true, but it is true to the users only.

I agree with you and I trust that to reset a NVRAM is KM's Top Secret so
    I don't want to violate the Policy of the company.

Thank you so much for spending your time on me.

All the best

I am curious as to which information I gave you that you claim is not true.

Good luck with selling refirbished copy machines that contain incorrect counter information.

I count myself fortunate that I am not buying machines that have NVRAM that doesn't reflect the usage of that machine.

Good Day Sir.

Hi DarthAlbin,

Please don't angry with me !!

I didn't say your information is not true. I mean your information is not true to me but it is true to your country.
    Please noted that informatiion may be different from one country to another.

It is a rare case that the machine counter doesn't reflect the usage of that machine but we will record the counters on both NVRAM for our reference and as a record for the machine.

A machine is good or bad not depends on the counter. It depends on its quality. We just sold good quality machine.

Actually I learn a lot from you and I want to express my sincere thankful to you.

Although we are thousands kilometer away but copy machine pull us closer.
    Kenny

DarthAlbin
    Well, I'm willing to accept the possibility that I misunderstood what you meant.

I agree that the output quality is a very important factor. But the counter is an indication of the age of a machine. The age of a machine can give a prospective buyer a pretty good indication of the overall health of a machine. I know for a fact that replacement or adjustment of NVRAM has an affect on the accuracy of soft count display. Fortunately the hard counter exists.

I am a firm believer of the intentions of manufacturers and engineers in making the replacement and adjustment of NVRAM secure. I think that only properly trained and equipped technicians should conduict certain service aspects of these machines. This is important for the safety of the servicer, the condition of the machine, and the good name of the manufacturer, and minimizes the risk to buyers.

In fact, if the market conditions are as you say they are in your area, this presents an incredible business oportunity for you. If you, or an employee, gets factory training and certification you can provide a valuable service to your community for much profit. As a certified technician you can get access to factory support as well as provide your customers the assurace they desire for quality products.

Hi Sir,
    Thank you for your understandings.

I agree with you that the counter will indicate the conditions of the machine and this is also our rule, if not necessary, not to disturb the counter.

we are also respect the policy and the inventions of the manufacturer.

In order to protect our technicians and the customers, we will use genuine parts only and abide by the safety precautions set by the manufacturer.

Our place is a small city with a lot of competitors and I hope, one day, we can become an authorized dealer to provide better service to the customers.

Thank you for you blessing and opinion.
    Kenny

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C252

First thing about a machine is the counter. End of story.
    From what I know, C250/350 have a mechanical counter too. But I guess, that one is broken too and need replacing...