Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub C252

johncololo

Angry Bizhub C252

Can Somebody Help Me Get Info On How To Get A New Replacement For My Nvram Card FOR bizhub c252 Or How To Re Program It.
    PLEASE HELP IS REALY URGENTLY NEEDED FOR I AM DESPERATELY IN NEED.
    MY MAIL IS: johncololo@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Last edited by johncololo; 07-16-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: to add product identification number

Service Manager 100+ Posts deep's Avatar
    I have the same problem on a C350 but it seems that there is no one knows how.

I think the initialization procedure is the same or a bit different with C252.

Hoping some well experience techs could help.
    Kenny

DarthAlbin
    KMBS (USA) has a procedure for replacing the NVRAM. The procedure can be found on the SSD/CSES site accessible through the www.mykonicaminolta.com login.

Either login to MyKonicaMinolta and go to the SSD section, or find the NVRAM replacement Bulletin for the instructions.

If I understand correctly, you need to have a ticket open with the SSD help desk to authorize the release. I know some dealer's technicians don't have their own SSD/MyKonicaMinolta login. You would have to speak to your Service Manager.

DarthAlbin
    Oh. Not in US.

I'n not sure ow it's handled outside the US.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Bizhub C252

In my opinion, you should ask a tech to do the nvram job. You might end up in serious trouble.

DarthAlbin
    agreed. Find an authorized, trained technician to look at the issue. NVRAM replacement might not even be needed. There might be work arounds depending on the symptoms or root cause

Thank you for all who concerning this post.

Some bizhub model need to enter an Access Password before you can enter the service mode.

If one day a KM tech forgets what the password is. I think he cannot help himself to enter the service mode without changing the NVRAM.

Since the service manual have no info. on how to reset the NVRAM but I believe there must be a way to solve this problem.
    Kenny

DarthAlbin
    Are you looking for the administrator password or the password for tech-rep (service) mode? More specifically, what are you wishing to configure? It sounds like you might not need to change NVRAM after all.

The Administrator password for most bizhubs is "12345678" or "00000000".

I am finding a solution to reset the NVRAM of a bizhub C350 to factory setting so I can enter the service mode by using the default password for tech rep (service) mode (00000000) because it is re-assigned by others.
    I need to clear the counters after a PM.

I think the reset procedure is Top Secret to KM factory so even service manual doesn't mention on it.

I am not a KM dealer so I cannot go the the site that you had been mentioned.
    Kenny

DarthAlbin
    The consumables (Image Units, Fusers, Transfer Belts) all clear their own counters when a new item is installed. There is no PPM kit or PM counter for a C350. I'm trying to get a clear picture of what your trying to do, or more accurately, what needs to be done. Modifying, clearing or rewriting the NVRAM can seriously and permanently damage the machine and reder it inoperable. Settings changed in tech-rep mode can seriously affect the machine as well.

The NVRAM reset and rewrite procedure is Top Secret. Field Service technicians need to speak to the manufacturer and fill out security forms to aquire one. Some service dealers have used new NVRAM to fradulently adjust the counter information. Counter information is like an odometer for an automobile. It is the primary means to determine the life of a machine. A responsible technician will not provide you NVRAM reset or re-write procedures on the internet or in person. I'm not being a jerk. There are security and machine safety concerns. That's all. Besides, I'm not certain NVRAM resetting is necessary.

Explain to me how you are trying to enter tech-rep mode so I can determine if the "password" has been changed.