Thread: Konica 454e

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Konica 454e

PC..410..Jams..J1601..Changed complete paper feed unit,pwa board!Swapped PC...410..put in another copier..still the same....also firmware updated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica 454e

Re: Konica 454e

Out of curiosity, does this model have the clear plastic guide plates in the vertical transport area, and are they mounted correctly? I've seen some from the C220 and C353 series that one of the mounting posts on either side is warped or broken off, which can lead to vertical transport jams. Konica Minolta came up with a front and rear support piece that keeps in from happening in the future, but it might be worth looking into.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Out of curiosity, does this model have the clear plastic guide plates in the vertical transport area, and are they mounted correctly? I've seen some from the C220 and C353 series that one of the mounting posts on either side is warped or broken off, which can lead to vertical transport jams. Konica Minolta came up with a front and rear support piece that keeps in from happening in the future, but it might be worth looking into.
    Vertical transport is black..also sep ..and feed rollers turn!ONLY paper pulls out half inch or so.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Did the fault travel with the tray or did it remain with the machine when you swapped the PC-410 with another machine ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    PC..410..Jams..J1601..Changed complete paper feed unit,pwa board!Swapped PC...410..put in another copier..still the same....also firmware updated

have seen these where the motor bracket has warped and gear mesh becomes either too tight or starts slipping,also the rollers in the door can bind or dislodge.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    Did the fault travel with the tray or did it remain with the machine when you swapped the PC-410 with another machine ?
    Both machines doing the same jam J-1601...very crazy

Technician

Theres a one-way clutch which drives the vertical transport rollers on the PC-410. Theres a known issue with it and seeing as your jam code corresponds to the PS133 sensor not detecting the ledge edge i'd definitely look at that

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post

Push the side door as it's feeding and see if it improves. If it does you might need to pack it out with washers to get it to feed properly. We had this and we fixed it doing that.

Technician

Did you find the problem here? I'm heading to a machine with similar issue...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosman80 View Post
    Did you find the problem here? I'm heading to a machine with similar issue...thanks
    I just tackled this same issue on a PC-410. I actually found if you take the back off the PC-410 you can visually see that the paper is lifting to high applying to much pressure on the paper stack to feed. I swapped the drawer for tray 3 and it resolved the issue and upon inspection from the back I can now see that the paper is lifting to the correct position. It now feeds properly. I expect the paper lift sensor for tray 3 or the cable mechanism to be at fault but didn't do any further repair of the tray. I hope this helps you with your J-1601 code. For reference the machine model was a Bizhub C554e.
    Last edited by Miller; 02-15-2019 at 06:02 PM.