Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhyub c450 not powering

Thumbs up Bizhyub c450 not powering

Machine was running but jamming though not every time. Cleaned rollers and sensors.
    Had 7401 codes, 1201 codes. Ran multiples and had it jam 4 times, each time 2 in bridge
    unit, one just entering finisher and other in middle or entering bridge unit and 1 or 2
    on right side by fuser and transfer unit. Checked jam code each time which was 7401.

Tried to disconnect finisher to run machine without it. When I turned on machine the circle
    around start key lit up but when I pressed the on off at top the display did not come on.
    Please advise as I am a bit lost now and I am totally clueless when it comes to firmware
    upgrades or anything IT related. Your help is much appreciated. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Thumbs up Re: Bizhyub c450 not powering

Could I have caused this problem of display not coming on and fully powering up by disconnecting the finisher from machine? Suppose the machine was on when i disconnected finisher? Your input is appreciated. Is there anyone locally who would go with me to troubleshoot problem in Brooklyn, NY , Park Slope area. Of course you would be adequately compensated. Frank

After turning main power switch on there is power to machine. When I then press on off button on right side of control panel, the screen stays black and you never see the hourglass.

PS Is there another kind of reset as I recall on some KM machines you can press a reset button on thru hole on control panel though I did not see hole on this model?
    Last edited by axyun; 10-23-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Bizhyub c450 not powering

Seems like I recall replacing a Printer Control Board for this a few years ago. But it was a few years ago, I could be misremembering.

Thumbs up Re: Bizhyub c450 not powering

Thanks Darry.

I will have to recheck SM to see if I can get helpful info from there. I am not an authorized KM tech and lack the necessary experience on machine. I may have to tell customer that on this call he should call Konica Minolta or an authorized dealer. I have been able to help him with other issues over the last 2 years with quality and fuser issues etc.
    Even if I looked up the firmware update procedure, I don't have the special CF card I would need or the authorized account access, if needed.
    I take calls on some machines where I lack experience as I will generally download the service and parts manuals and research the particular problem if necessary and the disassembly procedures for certain parts of machine. I take these calls because business is slow and there is not enough business on the machines I know well. That's why I am very appreciative of tech sites like this where there are techs willing to help one another. Frank