Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

Bizhub C284 Login Error when authentication and account track are turned OFF

I have a peculiar problem that I have never run across. A customer has 20 computers and they are all the exact same. Only 1 of those computers is now having an issue printing. The jobs are deleted due to error, and the error is a login error. I checked and both Authentication and Account track are turned off so this shouldn't be happening. I have reinstalled the driver and restarted both the computer and the copier to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C284 Login Error when authentication and account track are turned OFF

If the issue is only happening on 1 pc out of 20 it clearly is an issue with that one PC. Most likely a currupt driver even tho you reinstalled it the pc could still be using the currupt one. It could simply be the driver setting have authentication etc enabled. Also try a different version ie PCL5/5. Also run windows update on that one PC.
    I'd also update the copier firmware.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C284 Login Error when authentication and account track are turned OFF

It's also possible that there is a connection issue with the specific PC. Go to that PC and start a continuous ping to the server. You might notice very long ping times, or completely dropping out periodically. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

wait... please explain what a log-in error has to do with printing.
    log-in is for PSWC not printing. al logon error is for scanning AFAIK.
    can you be more elabritive?

When he checks the print history on the machine it states print job "deleted due to error" detail "login error".
    As if print user authentication is failing.
    Got no clue as to why that will happen.

I would check things like the driver printer configuration to see if authentication or account track is manually switched on. Still makes no sense.
    Or under admin i would look to see if "Print without authentication" option is available.

Had corrupt drivers do weird stuff before.
    The suggestion to use a generic PCL driver is good but you loose functionality.

Would ip filtering show as an error in the printer log??
    Whatever

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

ok, thanks for the clarification.
    yeah i'd delete the drivers and start over on that PC.
    not just the queue, the drivers too in>>>
    deldrv.jpg

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

I had a wonderful IT staff that turned on the account track to monitor the print usage. Hard coded the driver so the end user would not see the popup. After some fall out with management they went back and turned account track off. They could not understand why no one could print.... The local print drivers (where they hard coded the code) was still trying to pass login info to the machine and machine was showing login error. They had to enable account track on the local pc then remove the account info then turn it off to get everyone printing again.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts captainrva's Avatar

I got it sorted today. I turned authentication on and print without authentication at the panel, sent a print and it came through so I then turned off the authentication and now it prints normally. I appreciate all the help!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Guys, i have a c364e, it cant print when the account track is enable, it showed Login Error at the details of the deleted job.
    without the account track, no issue with the printing.
    i did the verify password, it succeeded.
    the firmware is A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1(00).
    thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KM7155 View Post
    Guys, i have a c364e, it cant print when the account track is enable, it showed Login Error at the details of the deleted job.
    without the account track, no issue with the printing.
    i did the verify password, it succeeded.
    the firmware is A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1(00).
    thanks.
    what i have done,
    reformat the hard disk
    clear the account track entries
    reload the printer driver
    try new and old version driver
    try different PC to print.