Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub C360

Bizhub C360

Good morning gentlemen. I have a Bizhub C360 that the NIC card when continuously pinged will cause the Copier to cycle power on & off. It also looses the IP and goes back to the generic 164.257.???/???. I'm going to replace the NIC and upgrade firmware and hopefully this will resolve the issue. Question: has anyone seen this before and I'm open to your thoughts. Thanks ahead of time.

Re: Bizhub C360

The MFPB has the NIC integrated so you will need to replace that if you think it could be that.
    Have you tried to initialize the NIC?

So it goes from the Static IP back to Auto Obtain (DHCP)?

Just to be sure have u used a laptop directly connected to ping the machine with -t ?
    Whatever

Hello Allan, No I have not tried changing the NIC to DHCP. It's in a State of California Office and their IT did ping it continuously which caused the machine to power down then on again. What do you mean by initializing the NIC ? Most machines over the years that I've set up, I set to static and enter the IP given or generated and ping for a test, then load the correct driver, configure it and All's well. Thanks for your input ! Also on the Bizhub's I'm not an Ace !

Mean to say if they enter a static IP after it reboots does it go back to DHCP basically forgets the settings.

I have seen switches do this before. So ask them to connect the machine directly with a laptop and check if the machine does the same thing.

To initialize the network settings in service mode returns all the default values like protocol settings and network speed and stuff like that.

Where did the problem start. The reason for the pinging?
    Whatever

The initial call was the machine was froze up, not responding at the control panel. I unplugged fax and CAT5, rebooted the copier and it worked fine as a stand alone. I went into admin network settings as it would not print and noticed it had the generic IP, not what was input by the IT dept. I got the correct IPSubnet/gateway and input those variables. I had IT ping to make sure it was on the network. We got a reply and then the copier began to cycle off power every few minutes and will not put out a print.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C360

Are you sure those 2 are related?
    If you leave the network unplugged will it behave?
    Basically do what allan said with a laptop/crossovering directly to it and try again.I've seen machines loosing their adresses due to switches but not power cycling.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

I'll state again, the machine unplugged from the network works GREAT ! When plugged in and a DATA PACKET hits the NIC it will cycle off power then back on again in intervals of about every minute. Also it will not put out a print. Please review ALL Above info. Thanks Guys !

Allrighty then

Look in the error code history for anything.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C360

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyB View Post
    I'll state again, the machine unplugged from the network works GREAT ! When plugged in and a DATA PACKET hits the NIC it will cycle off power then back on again in intervals of about every minute. Also it will not put out a print. Please review ALL Above info. Thanks Guys !
    Hm sorry i missed that,you can still try what was mentioned.
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Thank you kindly men.