Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C253 Fax Auto Receive Problem

Recently I have a weird problem with the fax

This machine now cannot auto receive fax suddenly. Of cause I have check that the auto received has not been disable.
    Now it can receive fax by using manual method.

I have tried to initialize the fax module but it couldn't work.

Does anyone have any idea about it?

But I have not yet swap out a fax module for test which I plan to do next.

Any help will be appreciate.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: C253 Fax Auto Receive Problem

fax board takes 30 seconds to swap over, I'd try that first. Everything else is way way more time consuming.

(such as NVRAM recovery which I have had to perform in the past for a non cooperative fax function, and it did fix it)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EarthKmTech View Post
    fax board takes 30 seconds to swap over, I'd try that first. Everything else is way way more time consuming.

(such as NVRAM recovery which I have had to perform in the past for a non cooperative fax function, and it did fix it)
    I know. Just wanted to know what else can I do if it still fail after the swap. Hope to settle it in one trip with some backup plan.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

These types of problems that all of a sudden "pop up" are sometimes caused by the line itself. Any chance the customer has moved to VOIP or some other digital faxing format? If so then the device is just not hearing the "ring" when it is dialed. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    These types of problems that all of a sudden "pop up" are sometimes caused by the line itself. Any chance the customer has moved to VOIP or some other digital faxing format? If so then the device is just not hearing the "ring" when it is dialed. Emujo
    Hi emujo, yup I also thought that the machine can't hear the ring from tax. if the customer really ended up moved to VoIP, any solution for that? They are suppose turning the main internal line to fiber but supposing not the fax line.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

KM does not support VOIP or digital fax lines (meaning there is a digital to analog converter creating the fax signal). Your best bet is to grab the fax specs from the SM, put a line tester on the fax line and see if it passes. If not, it's the customer's reasonability to tweak the settings to bring it into conformity. Also DSL is a big no-no. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    KM does not support VOIP or digital fax lines (meaning there is a digital to analog converter creating the fax signal). Your best bet is to grab the fax specs from the SM, put a line tester on the fax line and see if it passes. If not, it's the customer's reasonability to tweak the settings to bring it into conformity. Also DSL is a big no-no. Emujo
    Thanks Emujo,

Just wanted to make some update regarding this fax problem.

Recently the machine finally have a breakdown on the HDD, after replacing the HDD, everything solved magically. oh well.