Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lost the trifold option on my C360

I have a Bizhub C360 With a SD-509 that I bought used and when I started it recently the tri-fold option under finishing was no longer there. The only folding option that exists is half fold and that works fine with and without stitches. I can't chose trifold on the control panel, neither from my PC. I have checked the contacts between the finisher and the copier. What may have happened?.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Lost the trifold option on my C360

Re: Lost the trifold option on my C360

In that option Set or UnSet in the service mode? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

looking at the product guide for FS527 & FS529 for the C360, trifold, nor Z fold is available....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You can't have saddle stitching w/o trifold, but the MFP can detect trouble with the tri-fold and isolate it, and it can be manually isolated in service mode. What I mean is at some point the tri-fold system probably had a problem. When this happens the control panel displays a message about the trouble and asks if you want to continue without it. The operator says yes (cycles the sub power switch) and the device re boots without tri fold options. This is available for many of the non critical features. Normally a power cycle will start the whole isolation process over again. If it has been turned off in service mode, then it will stay that way until "unset". I don't believe there are any options to prohibit tri-fold operations so it probably is related to fault isolation. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I will check that but can not recall that Trifold had a set/unset in rhe Service Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Thanks for your reply!
    All options are UnSet in the service mode.
    Best Regards
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    looking at the product guide for FS527 & FS529 for the C360, trifold, nor Z fold is available....
    Thanks for your most interesting reflection! When I got the C360 a couple of days ago I powered it up having A4-papers in the LCT-tray. I then had the tri-(or Z-) fold option on its display using it as a copier. After getting the load A4R in the manual tray message, the option was all gone. I've been through the system settings and verified that folding is not "isolated" or disabled in any way. What would be the working accessories to get tri- and/or Z-folding on the C360?

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You can't have saddle stitching w/o trifold, but the MFP can detect trouble with the tri-fold and isolate it, and it can be manually isolated in service mode. What I mean is at some point the tri-fold system probably had a problem. When this happens the control panel displays a message about the trouble and asks if you want to continue without it. The operator says yes (cycles the sub power switch) and the device re boots without tri fold options. This is available for many of the non critical features. Normally a power cycle will start the whole isolation process over again. If it has been turned off in service mode, then it will stay that way until "unset". I don't believe there are any options to prohibit tri-fold operations so it probably is related to fault isolation. Emujo
    Hi Emujo and thanks for your kind reply!
    I have gone through all visible settings in the service mode. I can't recall any error message about a problem with folding and question about continuing without it. I have checked everything selectable to be in UnSet mode and not isolated. Are you sure that the FS-527 and SD-509 will be a working combination for tri- or Z-fold? Another friend here suggests that it may not be the case.
    Best Regards
    Sven

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

This is from the C360 product guide

Installation
    Functionality FS-527 FS-529 JS-505
    Maintenance
    Non-Sort/Sort/Group yes yes yes
    Spare Parts
    Shift Yes (30 mm) Yes (30 mm) Yes (30 mm)
    Recommended
    Media
    Corner Staple yes yes no
    Appendix
    2 Point Centre Staple yes yes no
    Saddle Stitch yes, with SD-509 no no
    Punch yes, with PK-517 no no
    Half Fold yes, with SD-509 no no
    Tri-Fold no no no
    Z-Fold no no no
    Max. Paper Capacity 3000 sheets (A4) 300 sheets (A4) 150 sheets (A$)
    Max. Staple Capacity 50 sheets 50 sheets ---
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

The C360 CAN saddle stitch and fold with the optional SD installed. It can only fold with plain paper, but even with thick paper in all trays the option should be present, just a message on the control panel advising not available unless plain paper is selected. If you can cycle power and not get the SD isolation message, and it's not unset in service mode, then you must have a failure in the connection to the finisher control board, or a power supply issue (although I doubt that only the SD would be affected in this scenario). Take a look in service mode and see if the SD shows up in the firmware listing. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.