Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scan to smb share on a domain

Can you advise how this should be set up to work with domain accounts. I had it working previously when both user accounts and computer accounts were on the same domain uk.eurw.x.y but there have been changes which mean computers are now in the x.y domain whilst user accounts remain in the uk.eurw.x.y domain since which i have been unable to get scan to smb share working again.

What should be the domain specified under default domain on the smb client settings on the bizhub and how should the users account be specified on the destination eg useraccount or domain\useraccount or useraccount@domain.com ?

I have not had much luck with anything i have found on the net so far. It work using local user accounts but that is not permitted.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: Scan to smb share on a domain

Thanks but unfortunately I keep getting a login error.

did you change the workgroup name on the copier to the domain name?

network > smb setting> client setting > default domain name = UK

User account being used to scan is scan@uk.eurw.x.y , on the user account field on the Konica only "scan" is entered

The share being scanned to is server.x.y (Domain= X but this is not entered anywhere) I am using the ip address of the server and not its name, file path "scans"

Its a bizhub 284e by the way.
    Last edited by BILBOCOPY; 01-25-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Can you run command the SMB path from a computer on the domain the copier is trying to see? Could be the DC isn't allowing the domain's to be bridged.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Yes seems okay, also to add we have an old HP 4730 which doesn't have any issues all that is set on that is

Domain: UK
    Username: scan
    Password: *****

Sorry if I missed it, have you tried uk\scan as the user name? Does the folder have scan as a read write user with full control in the sharing permissions?

yes I have tried various combos of username and domain with no joy, permissions yes.

nave

Quote Originally Posted by BILBOCOPY View Post
    Can you advise how this should be set up to work with domain accounts. I had it working previously when both user accounts and computer accounts were on the same domain uk.eurw.x.y but there have been changes which mean computers are now in the x.y domain whilst user accounts remain in the uk.eurw.x.y domain since which i have been unable to get scan to smb share working again.

What should be the domain specified under default domain on the smb client settings on the bizhub and how should the users account be specified on the destination eg useraccount or domain\useraccount or useraccount@domain.com ?

I have not had much luck with anything i have found on the net so far. It work using local user accounts but that is not permitted.

if..the..shar..path..folder..on..the..domain..just ..used...the...domain.authentication