Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub 754 feeding trays 3 and 4 at the same time

Hey all!
    First time poster on this site.
    I'm working on a Konica Minolta Bizhub 754 and have been having issues with tray 4. It would try and feed multiple pages, even if I try to make one copy. Tray 4 would also feed when I print/copy from tray 3.
    I've already replaced the whole tray 4 feed assembly, hoping that that had an issue. Maybe the clutch for tray 4?
    Any help would be appreciated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Re: Bizhub 754 feeding trays 3 and 4 at the same time

Hi
    Take both tray 3 and 4 out and off their rails and check there is no small piece of paper stuck in the plugs if that makes sense.
    I have had this issue and after a while i done what it said above and found a small piece of paper that was caysing the plug to not have proper connection with the machines connector.
    Good luck,hope this helps.

Brett

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brett GS View Post
    Hi
    Take both tray 3 and 4 out and off their rails and check there is no small piece of paper stuck in the plugs if that makes sense.
    I have had this issue and after a while i done what it said above and found a small piece of paper that was caysing the plug to not have proper connection with the machines connector.
    Good luck,hope this helps.

Brett
    Thanks!
    I looked for paper behind the trays, one of the first things i did. Didn't find any.
    Placed a ticket with Konica, they suggested replacing the PRCB. We'll see how that goes when it comes in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Technician

Replaced PRCB-no help. Ordered MFPB, will see if that solves it

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I can't really believe this thread has progressed to a PRCB, without discussion of the exact jam code. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Wow, slow down a bit there! Board this, board that, feed unit this, have we done any basic troubleshooting yet? By your description, it sounds like the feed clutch on tray 4 is permanently engaged. Does tray 3 work fine (single and multiple pages) if you leave tray 4 pulled out? Yes? Pull the wire off the feed clutch in tray 4, push tray in. Does tray 3 still work properly in that configuration?

Reattach feed clutch wire, pull out tray 3, test tray 4; can you run single or multiple pages from tray 4?

On a side note of paper being stuck in the electrical connector in the copier, did you verify also there was no paper stuck on the connector on the tray?

Let us know what the jams codes are, if any, when you run the above tests, and what test you were running at the time you got the code.

Sent from Tapatalk.
    Last edited by femaster; 02-15-2017 at 04:23 AM.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

try isolating (unset) the trays 1 at a time.
    if still feeds both there is something locked up.
    also wouldn't be surprised if a zip-tie is causing it.

Technician

To clarify, I wasn't using this thread as my only means of information, and apologize for not providing all of the info. I work for a dealer that is Konica Minolta Pro Tech Certified, so we have an abundance of info from the manufacturer. However, I did not find anything relevant in their KnowledgeBase, or with other techs that I work with.
    I keep getting a J14-01 (misfeed from tray 4). Tray 4 wants to feed multiple pages when only instructed for one. This happens when tray 3 is being used as well, tray 4 feeds at the same time.
    I've already inspected both trays for foreign objects, as stated above, replaced tray 4 feed assembly (so that ruled out cluthes/gears related to that).
    After doing this, I reached out to Konica Minolta themselves, and after explaining what has already been done, THEY recommended replacing the PRCB. After that did not solve it, THEY recommended to replace the MFPB. I'm abut to replace that now, if that doesn't resolve the issue, they want to replace the SSD. We will see how it goes.
    Thanks for the info.

Technician

Forgot to mention, if I pull tray 4 out, or disable it, tray 3 runs flawless. So it all has to do with tray 4. I think Konica Minolta didn't think about the board that controls trays 3 and 4. There may be some issues with that.
    There has not been any trouble coded, just the jam from tray 4 and tray 3, if tray 4 is set

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

This might sound silly to you, but I would spend some time tracing down the wire harness between the pickup clutches at tray #3 & #4, and the MFPB. During all this disassembly/re-assembly a wire providing ground to one of these clutches may have been pinched to frame. Since most copiers are ground switching and the 24vdc is always present to the clutch, the moment the machine boots up, one of these clutches may be engaged. When the feed motor turns on, that clutch will feed paper, whether the MFPB signals it to or not. It's got a ground, so it will feed.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=