Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    grupy

Bizhub 350 - unable to scan to network folder

We replaced our older copiers with the Bizhub 350 and I've been unable to configure the device to successfully scan to a network folder.

I have created an account within AD and set the permission to never change password. I have connected to the copiers web interface and configured a button to Scan PDF. This button is set to the IP address of the server where the folder is stored and the network folder is also configured, along with the account that I created earlier. I am using the TX:PC (SMB) option and for one reason or another am unable to scan to the desired folder. I have left the coding method to MH.

I have even tried to send a PDF file to my PC directly as well without any success. I used my IP address and created a new folder called "scan", which I shared out to all users (with full access) and still am unable to recieve any kind of document. So, scanning over the network to my PC doesnt work either nor does it work for the file server.

Am I missing something in particular here? Any suggestions into a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager
    are you trying to set it up onto a server where everyone can access the shared folder on the server, or a individual workstation?

grupy
    Quote Originally Posted by discontained View Post
    are you trying to set it up onto a server where everyone can access the shared folder on the server, or a individual workstation?
    In the end, I need to configure it to a server where everyone has access to it. The network folder is a shared folder, and everyone has full control over each of the folders that reside in that location.

The account that was created for the server access, has full rights and the password is set not to change either - I know a bad security risk but the account only has access to this one share drive.

As for the individual workstation, this was just a simple test to get it working for testing purposes.

Service Manager
    I just setup a client with scan to desktop, make sure the server login and the password is setup on the copier itself.

Also you want to edit the server's network IP (start>run>cmd... ipconfig and whatever the ip for the server is you want to enter that into the host IP address... Than you want to point to the folder loctaion
    make sure your folder on the Server Desktop or whever it is, is setup shared.

EX. D:\Shared Docs\Scans

you want to edit the scan directory on the copier itself either thru pagescope or via one touch registration entry on the copier to say "D:\Shared Docs\Scans" you should than be able to see the scan show up in the folder

Hope that helps
    Last edited by discontained; 07-31-2008 at 05:00 PM.

grupy
    I have set our test account, lets call it ScanUser, will full access to a network folder on our local P: drive. The P: drive is public for all users in my office, and in there I have created a folder called Scans.

I have used PageScope to configure the one-touch button on my 350 and the settings are as follows:

TX:PC (SMB) - this is set as the Com. Mode

IP Address: 1.2.3.4 (I have entered the IP address of our server)
    File Path: Parent\Child\Scan (this is actually P:\Parent\Child\Scan on our network)
    UserName: ScanUser (this is the network account created for this only)
    Password: ***** (entered in the AD password for this account)
    Retype Password: ***** (re-entered in AD password)
    File Type: PDF
    Coding Method: MH

I get the following error message: ED09C7
    This error indicates that the username/password is incorrect.

Does the user account ScanUser need more special priviledges, such as domain admin to store a file onto a shared folder that all users have full access to??

Thanks for your earlier reply.

Change the default domain security settings.

Open Server Management:

Default Domain Controller Policy -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options

Change:
    Mircosoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always) to "disabled"
    Microsoft network server:
    Digitally sign communications (if client agrees) to "disabled"

michael517mi

Did you try "\Parent\Child\Scan"

with the backslash on the front as well?

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 350 - unable to scan to network folder

Try in the copier network settings under Wins enter the address of your server even if you are not running Wins on the server! I have found on 2003 server this helps when scanning to folder (SMB).
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Technician
    Remember that the manufactuer says this model will NOT scan to a DC. However, the following is usually all that is needed. It does not fix you specific issue though. With your issue, I have found that you cannot use the domain user account to scan to a worksation. You have to create a local user. In theory you could do this on the DC as well, but I am told that many settings have to be changed to allow a local user account.

To disable SMB packet and secure channel signing enforcement on Windows Server 2003–based domain controllers

1. From Administrative Tools open Domain Controller Security Policy
    2. Smile
    3. Select \Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options folder.
    4. In the details pane, double-click Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always), and then click Disabled to prevent SMB packet signing
    from being required.
    5. Click OK.
    6. In the details pane, double-click Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always), and then click Disabled to prevent secure channel
    signing from being required.
    7. Click OK.
    To apply the Group Policy change immediately, either restart the domain controller, or type gpupdate at a command line, and then press ENTER.

This should make the 2003 server act like a Win2k server as far as SMB security is concerned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I would suggest to enter for file path ONLY the name of shared folder. In your example it is
    Scan
    Folder Scan must be shared! and your ScanUser must have full rights to this folder (permissions and security fields).

BR