Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 363 scan to email

Bizhub 363 scan to email

Have a customer with a Bizhub 363 and they can scan to folder just fine. They want to scan to email but are having difficulty setting it up. Stopped by to install the most recent complete firmware package I downloaded from the Konica website thinking this would update any security protocols or other items and that would allow the customer to configure the scanning to email. Their IT guy still cannot setup scan to email even after completely installing the firmware(223_283_363_423_a1ud0y0-f000-g00-d6.exe). Any suggestions on how to proceed much appreciated.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 363 scan to email

Re: Bizhub 363 scan to email

Need a bit more info to help

Check your gateway & DNS are correct.

What is the smtp address & port number?

Have you tried logging in via a web browser to confirm the email authentication info is correct?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

admin and machine adress filled: "KM363@yourmail.com ?
    Allowed in Customers Mail server?
    Access alowed in Gmail/somethingelse for machine?

MFP must be setup like a complete Emailclient like MS-Office-PC.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

The best way to start troubleshooting this is to look at the MFP job log and determine why it's failing. The usual culprits are server connect error, or login error. There may also be some FWD TX errors, but these are less frequent. Divide and conquer.

Server connect error--MFP is unable to even make contact with the mail server--could be ports or TLS/SSL settings, DNS resolution, etc..
    Login Error--MFP can contact mail server, but request is being denied by host..

You need to provide this info, along with the type of mail server you are working with..exchange, gmail, go daddy etc..

I also like to test with a simple, low security, gmail account for testing purposes..It's always nice to be able to say "mr customer, the MFP can send mail, just not with the settings you are providing me". Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Jip thank google for that, works every time.. almost every time. 1 out off 3 attempt with info provided by the customer will work, nice and frustrating.
    So i use my own gmail account to test if the machine is ok to go.

Now i fail once and ask the customer if its ok to use gmail. Or explain to them that they need to get the info or create a mail account for the machine.
    Then they would happily allow me to use gmail. them having to deal with their IT/service provider does the trick.....
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 363 scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Jip thank google for that, works every time.. almost every time. 1 out off 3 attempt with info provided by the customer will work, nice and frustrating.
    So i use my own gmail account to test if the machine is ok to go.

Now i fail once and ask the customer if its ok to use gmail. Or explain to them that they need to get the info or create a mail account for the machine.
    Then they would happily allow me to use gmail. them having to deal with their IT/service provider does the trick.....
    If it works dometimes it might be a dns issue assuming your smtp is via host name not IP