BizHub 363 filename enconding

Hi,
    I am sending two files for print in bizhub 363. The first file has English characters in filename and the second has greek characters in filename. When i release the job from the bizhub panel i am able to see the two files pending for printout.
    The first file in the list is displayed correct the second file (with the greek characters in file name) is displayed with strange characters. I think that is an encoding issue with the greek characters.
    Any suggestion how could i solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: BizHub 363 filename enconding

This is causing what issue??? And where does the file name come from??

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I don't see the problem either, unless you really have to know the file name of the job in the queue before you print it. I tested this on our C458 (don't have any 363s laying around). Sent a file with δοκιμή εκτυπωτή(printer test) as the file name. Job showed up at the device named as shown. Job printed in English. Possibly the 363 does not support this particular screen font. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    BizHub 363 filename enconding

Use the font management utility and upload the fonts to the copier.

I don't think that the fonts you are referring to will affect what is shown on the LCD display. Please let me know if I'm incorrect. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I don't see the problem either, unless you really have to know the file name of the job in the queue before you print it. I tested this on our C458 (don't have any 363s laying around). Sent a file with δοκιμή εκτυπωτή(printer test) as the file name. Job showed up at the device named as shown. Job printed in English. Possibly the 363 does not support this particular screen font. Emujo
    The bizhub is placed in a University library and the students may send several files for printing each time. They should have the ability to see which their file is and then decide if they will print it or not. I agree with you for the possibility that bizhub doesnt support the particular screen font. Are these fonts part of bizhub available display languages? In bizhub363 display languages list the choice of greek is missing. Is there a way to install greek display language?

Thanks

You could try setting the marketing area to EU..Might get Greek as a selection, but I've never tried anything but US and Japan. There may also be support for drivers in a Greek version. Emujo