Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

DF621 on Bizhub 223, 283, 363, 423 jam code 66-02

This has got several of us techs puzzled. We've read the posts on the 66-02 jam code here and the bulletins (attached) from Konica Minolta. Code 66-02 is a failure to feed. Obviously, bald tires can be the cause. There is a second occasion where all sheets are fed completely, but the tires turn after there is nothing there. That is the 66-02 I am looking to solve. I have a video I will attempt to link or attach.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0T...ew?usp=sharing
    Several customers, usually law firms complain of hearing the distinctive sound of the tires feeding against the black felt pads AFTER the last sheet had gone through.
    Watch for that in the video.
    We have done the following:
    Installed washer/shim to center the p. empty actuator on some units where the actuator would hit the side of the plate, per bulletin.
    Replaced with new oem parts:
    Front & rear arms A143PP9P01 & A143PP9Q01
    Paper empty actuator lever A143PP5G01
    Paper empty photodetector A143PP4800
    Drive clutch/spring/gear ass'y A143PP9R00 on rear of shaft

Previously replaced primary feed, secondary feed & sep tires.
    All machines have latest G00-D6 FW.
    For two customers we swapped the entire feeder out, taken from off lease machines with under 10k on the feeder. The original feeders had ADF page counts of well under 50k and we replaced the tires & tested in shop. This seems most prevalent when scanning at 200x200 or 200x300 dpi (fastest speeds), less evident on copying, which I believe is a 600dpi scan. the bottom line is the feeder thinks there is another page, so we think the empty lever is not dropping fast enough. This model does not have a spring on the empty lever, but the color series C220's do have a spring.
    DF621 jam code 66-02 new levers with new springs.pdfDF621 Washer Installation Procedure.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: DF621 on Bizhub 223, 283, 363, 423 jam code 66-02

Keep in mind it would have fed as many sheets as they want, but after the last sheet it is turning the tires to feed another sheet instead of raising the arms up. That means a forward turn of the motor, not a reverse turn to raise the tires. The resulting 66-02 in the jam counts is because it tried to feed an original but it did not make it to the registration sensor. (DUH, there's no original to feed!) The noise is the tires against the black friction pads. I've seen it in person several times. It's not a belt slipping. Sorry the audio is rough. Maybe I will re-post the video in slo-mo.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Have you tried system error clear? Trouble reset?

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Perform Sensor Check in the ADF section of service mode, once when the machine is stuck on the code, and if possible, once while the machine is in ready state. Compare reading differences. Machine is receiving signal that paper is present, thus tries to feed it. Really sounds like a dirty sensor to me.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts service_man's Avatar

I hear some noise when paper is in exit section.
    Did you check timing belt, or some wiring is in out of position?

I think that is mechanical problem.

Pull uot covers, and try to see gear, timing belt, and wire.

Good Luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Service_Man- The noise is the tires on the felt pads. There is no problem or noise with exit. I know the audio sounds different, but LOOK AT THE TIRES in the down position, feeding when there is no original

TheBlueOrleans- This problem happens intermittently. It only triggers a jam. It is never stuck in a code. 66-02 is the code you see when you check jams under counter in service mode. You can't be in sensor check mode and make it happen. Paper empty sensor was replaced, all sensors are clean.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've seen this particular problem on a Toshiba eS6540 document feeder and on a Kyocera Alphard II document feeder. On the Toshiba it comes up as a E712 code. This fits with your bulletin about the flag hitting the side of the valley. A minor reforming of the metal shaft that the flag rides on fixes this issue.

Original Detection Flag Toshiba.JPG

On the Kyocera it is a J9000 code. After watching the flag drop following the last original leaving the tray, you may see the flag bounce, triggering the photointerrupter twice. These flags are gravity operated, and I've heard of techs adding weight to the flag. Personally I added a very very weak torsion spring. I wasn't concerned about how fast the flag returned, just that it did not bounce. There was not a convenient place to position the spring end, so I carved a small "V" shaped groove in the cover, and placed a spot of cyanoacetate on the contact point.

J9000_1.JPGJ9000_2.JPG

=^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 04-09-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Black Cat4866- I'm looking at how & where I can add a spring also. Weight didn't help. We are on top of placing shim washers on units that the flag may hit the side of the valley. I will post results after giving field trials a week or two. Shop tests just don't seem to be as accurate as weeks in the field.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It was a third or fourth call in which I was amazingly lucky enough to actually see the flag bounce on the Kyocera. The previous techs had seen no symptoms. It had happened three times in a row for me. The thing that clued me was when I placed only one original, and the MFP told me to load 2nd original again. Clearly there was no second original, but the machine thought there was. This DF would function with the outer top cover off, so it was easy to view the flag.

The Toshiba would not function with the top door off, but by then I kinda knew where to look for the original detection sensor flag.

Good luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I can't easily add a spring, but found a half fix by lowering the angle of the sensor to make the flag have to bounce higher to think another original exists. Now I have the problem of it always leaving one sheet. I'm not done yet, but it's looking like it's coming down to a warped lid. All I have to do is press down and it works perfect. That lowers the flag to a position where it's angled and if it were to hit the shaft at that spot, it doesn't bounce and it reads paper correctly down to and including the last sheet.
    Here's two videos in slo-mo. Wait for paper to stop at registration roller, so far so good... after the paper is gone, when flag falls against the shaft, if it bounces too much, it causes a re-feed. The only diff between these two videos is weight on the lid, lowering the flag, making the flag hit the metal shaft at the sweet (bent) spot causing minimal bounce.

This is with weight, minimal bounce: https://goo.gl/photos/8t5wos7eANJcPpLVA

This is with a felt pad trying to limit bounce, but actually bounced worse, causing the symptom my customers report: https://goo.gl/photos/ZeDLqw8jrTvEXrH49