Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Post How to reset Konica c220 drum unit?

Hello,

I'm new in this forum and i don't speak english very good so please be kindly.
    Thanks for anyone who will help.

I have a konica c220, it worked fine but now it shows something like it has the drum unit to be replaced (very expensive in my country).
    i already google to find anyway to solve the problem. i found that it can be solved with chip but in my country we can't pay via internet.
    i found also that i can update the firmware via internet directly from the printer, but i can't configure it because i'm stock in screen with error (change the drum unit).
    i've searched to update the firmware manually by putting it on usb, but i didn't find anywhere the firmware update.

i can get into service mode but can't update via ftp or http

if anyone has an idea to fix it or can link me the firmware, it will be appreciated

thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How to reset Konica c220 drum unit?

Re: How to reset Konica c220 drum unit?

Updating firmware will not help with "replace drum message". You will need the chip. This is only way you will clear message. Perhaps if you know someone in another country they could buy it and mail to you. Since it is small it will fit in regular envelope. Cost is around $10 USD

Technician

thank you very much, i've found this chip on internet, 10$ is ok but i can't buy it from my country, that's why i want to upgrade the firmware and hope that i can configure the machine to skip the endlife remember and still work again.

don't you have a link for this firmware please.

perhaps I'm mistaken but once the message is on there is nothing that can be done except new chip. not aware of any firmware that will reset the consumables except some models that the toners didn't reset when new toner is installed.

Technician

Thank you so much, but i want to try updating because i can't do anything more unless that. i've seen on internet that updating firmware will let the machine still work skipping the error of drum. i want to try this but i can't find the firmware anywhere

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

No it will not clear the message if your units are showing end of life please replace
    updating firmware will not clear this message
    the only way is to replace the units or replace the chips in the units

Newer firmware will only allow you to turn off the end of life warnings but only if the units are not already displaying end of life message

this is only a short term solution as at some point you will need to replace the drum unit as they will be worn out
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Technician

it's really bad for me, i hoped that if i had the firmware, it will help me. i'm discouraged

Technician

idon't know if it's good or not idea to update but for now i don't have another issue.

please if anyone can give me a link, i want to try this for last ressort.

thank in advance.

Sorry not sure how many times you need to hear it but you have received advice from technicians with many years of experience, they are telling you it can't be done once message is on display!

I know the bulletin you refer to. This firmware update is so you will never get the message to replace, but will NOT work once the message is on display. Also not sure but I think this is for Imaging units only. Transfer belt, Fuser,etc will still show to replace. Again there are fuses on the internet to reset these.

Do you or anyone you know have a relative in another country that can buy reset chip online then mail it to you?

Best of luck

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

The info in this thread is wrong! you can clear the "replace image unit message" WITHOUT replacing the chip.

You may not even need to update the firmware unless it is a very early version.

First change 2 soft switch settings then simply go into service mode, at the initial screen press stop>zero>C from this menu you can change the IU life stop from Normal to Suspend, then you can continue to copy/print.

See attached pdf

Bizhub end of life message can be disabled V2.1.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk