Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Scan & Box bottons are disabled - bizhub C652

Hi,
    one of client's MFP ,Scan & Box buttons are disabled.I checked the HDD in service mode but it was installed, even Formatted it physically(took long time to complete!) and logically ,in case of any issues with HDD,after that ,from Administrator panel create and define some new boxes ,so almost sure that the hard disk is ok.
    Also searched from the web admin page to find if scan is disabled , but couldn't find any clear option that defines such functionality! comparing admin page to some others ,noticed that scan accelerator is missing(Picture attached) ,so is that kit necessary for scanning or its optional.
    In service mode ..optional board status , there was just Fax Circuit 1&2 , JPEG,and DSC1 & 2 and nothing regarding Scan.

Any Idea about this issue..
    Thanks2017-04-27_152925.jpg2017-04-27_153037.jpg2017-04-27_153150.jpg
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 04-27-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Scan & Box bottons are disabled - bizhub C652

Re: Scan & Box bottons are disabled - bizhub C652

Try changing HDD. Just like a pc, a disk maybe full of bad sectors but still formatt ok. Plus on a 652 the HDD will be like 5 or so years old and pretty sure they used budget Hitachi drives in those

Fyi physical format takes hours even when working perfectly so don't start it by accident lol. I've done that

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Try changing HDD. Just like a pc, a disk maybe full of bad sectors but still formatt ok. Plus on a 652 the HDD will be like 5 or so years old and pretty sure they used budget Hitachi drives in those

Fyi physical format takes hours even when working perfectly so don't start it by accident lol. I've done that
    well ,I will try replacing HDD to see if it works,but what about Scan Accelerator in the picture(below) from another post in this regard,in this one Accelerator is installed,which there is no sign of that in mentioned MFP.I still wondering how to disable scan from Admin panel or....
    thanks 4ur comment
    2017-04-27_152912.jpg
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 04-28-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

up...!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

you dont need anything extra to scan. it is standard . never wiil and nevr have done a ohysical formatt. you only need to do the logical. takes five to ten minutes. which it will ask to install movie data. may even be a bad nvram

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    you dont need anything extra to scan. it is standard . never wiil and nevr have done a ohysical formatt. you only need to do the logical. takes five to ten minutes. which it will ask to install movie data. may even be a bad nvram
    I did physical format just for making sure ,and also logical but didn't ask to install movie data,although in the panel it's message comes up : "Animation guide is not available... "...
    is it necessary to install that & what's the procedure..?

also is it possible to disable scan from admin panel ?

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

movie is animation guide. wont affect operation. why would you want to disable scan? just dont set it up its installed by usb not the rear port. in service mode under system two page 2 data install

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post

I did that(!), had to make small talk with a customer for a lot longer than I would have liked!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

well , checking HDD & front panel ,replacing front panel...solved!!
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 05-03-2017 at 05:38 PM.