Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

KM Bizhub Pro c6500- Carriage Stuck

Hey guys, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why this process carriage section of this machine seems to just be seized. When I pull out the handles the hooks come out as usual and the handles are then at a 90 degree angle out from the machine as they should be but when i pull out the left side seems to have a little give but the right seems like it's stuck... has anyone ever had this happen and if so how did you fix it? I've hard rebooted the machine just to be safe and it's still stuck. Once again, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM Bizhub Pro c6500- Carriage Stuck

Re: KM Bizhub Pro c6500- Carriage Stuck

IIRC it's the drum shafts that get stuck. Lubricating the drum shafts with conductive grease is a great preventative, but won't help you in this situation. I seem to recall tapping on the front end of each drum shaft until I found the one that sounded ... different. While pulling with medium pressure I continued to tap on that drum shaft until it released. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: KM Bizhub Pro c6500- Carriage Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    IIRC it's the drum shafts that get stuck. Lubricating the drum shafts with conductive grease is a great preventative, but won't help you in this situation. I seem to recall tapping on the front end of each drum shaft until I found the one that sounded ... different. While pulling with medium pressure I continued to tap on that drum shaft until it released. =^..^=
    We use the same technique to get the process unit out, but if you are lucky and get the unit out clean the shafts with sandpaper and when finished we clean them with solvent to make all the muck is gone. One of ours was caused by the engineer spraying lube on a dirty shaft and the toner on it went hard causing the unit to get stuck in.

Good luck