Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

Re: Bizhub transfer belts

We had a stretch where we had to warranty 4 belts on these machines. For the most part, we are getting the life out of them.

Technician

It's a little old thread but it appears there is no solution yet. We have several of these machines with this problem specifically 2 of them are in smoking areas. It looks like the fan extracting the ozone from the charge corona is sucking shit smoky air and that's causing the charge corona to become burned, dark and dirty causing the black line on the transfer belt. I thought of putting some kind of filter on the port of the drum where it is sucking air so it is filtered before entering the charge corona zone. Yet to be done though. The other thing that could be done is disabling the fan removing the ozone, but obviously, that's not safe neither for the machine or the environment. Let me know what you think. We will probably end up changing the machines for C368 Series since they use charge roller and may live longer it that smoky area. Cheers.
    Last edited by satisfactionbg; 03-13-2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Another thought

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

I like your theory about nicotine smoke. Since most businesses do not allow smoking any more we have far less problems with hazed mirrors and tarry charge wires. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

FYI, I've been using aftermarket belts & blades to rebuild the 4 series transfer belt units. Been a few years now and they are holding up well. Definitely worth $85 for belt & blade kit.
    Again, most of my accounts are low volume.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    FYI, I've been using aftermarket belts & blades to rebuild the 4 series transfer belt units. Been a few years now and they are holding up well. Definitely worth $85 for belt & blade kit.
    Yes, we switched to aftermarket kits for these. Have been working well.

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Brand of aftermarket parts?
    Whatever

Bizhub transfer belts

Not sure of the brand. Plain generic box, made in China. Bought most of them from Copylite Products. Have used in all "4" series, 224-754 (654/754 different belt). Also have used aftermarket belts in the C220 & C253 and both have been as good if not better than the OEM. Very easy to do and after taking time first few you can do in 10 mins. I've even rebuilt them right onsite.

Bizhub transfer belts

Also have used aftermarket belts in the C220 & C253 and both have been as good if not better than the OEM. Very easy to do and after taking time first few you can do in 10 mins. I've even rebuilt them right onsite.
    Same here. 1st one was a pain. Especially finding that fat spring which popped away was time consuming, lol. Later on very easy. Since one of the separators once tore a brand new belt I remove all of them en leave the belt completely without. No problems yet since years.

We get them from China from some kind of Suzy-Wong-whatever chick. The parts are Brandless and Nameless around 65 USD. Most of the after market parts from China are rotten but these belts are good as well as some chips. Don't get me start talking about Hop-Sing toner......... Confucius says: "Who wants to be a cheapo will have smears of toner in his face"

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Will try the aftermarket parts for sure. I've put filters on the drum units in the smoky office yesterday, cleaned the scorotron grids as well + new TBU (took me about an hour), no interference with the chassis of the machine or the laser beam. Now we wait. I guess they'll be full of tar in a month or two.