Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Bizhub transfer belts

We have several bizhubs C454e, C284e, C364e, the transfer belts are wearing prematurely, mainly on our "heavily" used machines, doing over 16k a month, we're getting a black line along the top or bottom, has anyone else encountered this at all
    Cheers
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

Re: Bizhub transfer belts

Is the paper quality absolute shit? Rough paper will kill a belt early too. Along with paper fragments that get trapped in the xfer cleaning blade.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    We have several bizhubs C454e, C284e, C364e, the transfer belts are wearing prematurely, mainly on our "heavily" used machines, doing over 16k a month, we're getting a black line along the top or bottom, has anyone else encountered this at all
    Cheers
    I have this problem on 2 machines. No solution (yet).
    In my case black drum is problem. If you look closely on charge corona and scorotron grid is darkened (burned) in that position (very front side) and belt is like matted (not shine) like sparking occurs in that place.

Tried used drum and belt and problem reappear after 2 months.
    Replaced new drum and belt a month ago; gonna visit the customer next week to check if problem comes back.

I've heard of sparking issue before but i don't know what cause it.
    I supose that's why KM decided to replace charge corona with charge roller in 8 series.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

i have yet to replace one for premature wear of any type of failure

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

The paper being used doesn't look too bad, there's no more paper dust than I'd normally expect, I'm trying not to let K drums go too long over their life, as this does seem to affect the transfer belt, i am wondering if it is actually the transfer roller wearing, causing the transfer belt to wear
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    I have this problem on 2 machines. No solution (yet).
    In my case black drum is problem. If you look closely on charge corona and scorotron grid is darkened (burned) in that position (very front side) and belt is like matted (not shine) like sparking occurs in that place.

Tried used drum and belt and problem reappear after 2 months.
    Replaced new drum and belt a month ago; gonna visit the customer next week to check if problem comes back.

I've heard of sparking issue before but i don't know what cause it.
    I supose that's why KM decided to replace charge corona with charge roller in 8 series.
    Konica Minolta went to a charge roller because with a charge corona the drum will last well past expected yield and with a roller the drum will wear much quicker and need to be replaced more often. Strictly a financial decision.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Konica Minolta went to a charge roller because with a charge corona the drum will last well past expected yield and with a roller the drum will wear much quicker and need to be replaced more often. Strictly a financial decision.
    HV board is also cheaper to manufacture and near zero ozone is produced also.

Charge rollers are inferior technology indeed also offering inferior print quality, they only exist as a cost cutting measure.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Speaking of belts, I don't often see this, but WTF causes this brail effect on the C654e style belts, first time I have seen it on one of these used to see it all the time on the old C451 series.

IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub transfer belts

AFAIK it's toner lumps building up on the idler rollers inside the transfer belt. It's more common on Sharp. And once it starts, there's nothing to do but replace it. Those bumps won't flatten back out. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I am also seeing these issues on a Bizhub C454e. This machine is in a college enrollment office, and puts out a lot of prints. I replaced Cyan Drum and Developer, Y drum, K drum, K developer, ITB due to line strip across the top, long edge feed. These replacements happened in September 2017, Today is March 15, 2018 and problem has returned. All items that were replaced are now at 50% life remaining. ITB and 2nd transfer roller are now having a build up of cyan and yellow, on far end of paper path.