Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub C258 envelope printing

Re: Bizhub C258 envelope printing

Even if you put a envelope specific driver and try using it for envelopes it never works in my experience. What I do that seems to work all the time is have em load the envelopes on the copier of course with envelope paper type on bypass. Then open up the envelope file in word, go to print then select the envelope paper type on the driver settings in word. Don't print yet exit from the print menu after the paper type is changed on the driver. Then go over to the mailings tab and there should be a button there to print on the mailings tab. Its annoying and feels assbackwards but that is the only way i can get it to work. I've had customers tell me its too many steps too but it gets the envelopes to work. BTW this also works for labels, just put labels paper type if available or thick 2, and then go to labels tab and it should have a print option there too. Hope this helps

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eresources View Post
    You can tell the copier in the 8 series to ignore the settings from the driver and just use the ones in the copier. I've not set it myself but I've seen the option in the web interface.

Here's the steps it tells you in the manual.

• [Utility]
      • [Administrator Settings]
        • [System Settings]
          • [Bypass Tray Overwrite Settings for Print PC]

When printing data from a computer using the Bypass Tray, select whether to apply the paper size and paper type specified in the printer driver.

Selecting [Driver Priority] puts the settings configured in the printer driver ahead of the paper size and paper type of the Bypass Tray that are specified on this machine.

[Driver Priority] is specified by default.
    I can't seem to find that setting in the admin menu. The user guide says it is there, but on my machine that spot is blank in admin mode. Do you know how to open that menu spot?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Goodmorning everyone

Sorry for reviving an old thread but im curious if you guys know about how the envelopes are counted,and if anyone of you gave any of these machines on service contracts
    including envelopes.As you're guessing i have a customer that wants a contract on one of these for a4,a3 printing including envelopes and im not sure how to count them nor how much
    to charge him..Any suggestions??

Thanks!
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    I can't seem to find that setting in the admin menu. The user guide says it is there, but on my machine that spot is blank in admin mode. Do you know how to open that menu spot?
    I don't know how is it on 8-series, but overriding machine settings with driver ones was possible by changing Soft Switch 69 to 00000001. It's working in C203/C220/223 machines for sure, I am not confident with newer ones.

Regards,
    Nommo.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Goodmorning everyone

Sorry for reviving an old thread but im curious if you guys know about how the envelopes are counted,and if anyone of you gave any of these machines on service contracts
    including envelopes.As you're guessing i have a customer that wants a contract on one of these for a4,a3 printing including envelopes and im not sure how to count them nor how much
    to charge him..Any suggestions??

Thanks!
    1 envelope 1 click, simple. same as a single page

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    1 envelope 1 click, simple. same as a single page
    Thanks for the response synthohol but sadly nothing is simple when it comes to charging in my country,even for something so small as this..
    I don't like the new copier I just bought. It says "put face down" but every time I do it, it blinds my eyes.

Technician

Ive had best success with setting the bypass in admin mode to ignore the driver settings, set it up for envelopes and the proper size, then make sure you smooth them out with your hand to get the air pockets out, Konica has told me that the only way it will slow down the speed is if its set to envelopes, if its set to thick 3 or 4 then they still want to get pulled in at pretty much full speed

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMan View Post
    Thanks for the response synthohol but sadly nothing is simple when it comes to charging in my country,even for something so small as this..
    size does not matter, the machine still goes through the same wear and tear whether its a postcard or A4/letter. it only uses less toner.
    you cannot focus on the size of the media, a click is a click period.
    take the drum, its use is measured by minutes of use not pages so even if i printed 100 postage stamps the wear on all the consumables is the exact same as if i printed 100 pages of A4/letter. only difference is im using less toner. thats all.
    im sorry but you are looking at this the wrong way, i understand what you are saying but there is no logic in it. even the electricity it uses is the same if its a postcard or a whole sheet of A4/letter for a single copy.
    plotters and wide format are the only machines that gauge its use by cubic feet (surface area of the output) copiers not so much. if you lower your price for smaller output you may as well flush your money down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by copyrooks View Post
    Even if you put a envelope specific driver and try using it for envelopes it never works in my experience. What I do that seems to work all the time is have em load the envelopes on the copier of course with envelope paper type on bypass. Then open up the envelope file in word, go to print then select the envelope paper type on the driver settings in word. Don't print yet exit from the print menu after the paper type is changed on the driver. Then go over to the mailings tab and there should be a button there to print on the mailings tab. Its annoying and feels assbackwards but that is the only way i can get it to work. I've had customers tell me its too many steps too but it gets the envelopes to work. BTW this also works for labels, just put labels paper type if available or thick 2, and then go to labels tab and it should have a print option there too. Hope this helps
    We ended up getting rid of our memjet computer, which I'm not sure would help much. We have a Konica Minolta C1060 with an optional envelope fuser (which is a pain because we have to change it out for envelopes and then back in when we want to print something else) and a special envelope paper drawer. We run any colour or data-merged envelopes through it, and we also have a Riso for black-and-white work.

The memjet machine was sleek at times, but maintenance was a nightmare, particularly if we didn't use it for a while (shouldn't you remove and cap the printheads if you're not going to use it for a week or something?) and the picture quality wasn't up to snuff for us.