Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

konica minolta C220 ADF not detectingthe originals

hi guys

I have a Konica C220 in our work shop, the ADF isn't detecting the originals, ive checked all the sensors in service mode and there working fine, ive done firmware changed the board and wiring loom also tried it on another machine but still no joy, has anyone had something like this before?

thanks

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    konica minolta C220 ADF not detectingthe  originals

Re: konica minolta C220 ADF not detectingthe originals

Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post
    hi guys

I have a Konica C220 in our work shop, the ADF isn't detecting the originals, ive checked all the sensors in service mode and there working fine, ive done firmware changed the board and wiring loom also tried it on another machine but still no joy, has anyone had something like this before?

thanks
    Remove the upper cover and make sure the paper detect actuator is properly seated. I have seen the holders for the actuator become loose and the flag will not block the sensor completely.

ive took all the covers off to watch/check all the flags are blocking the sensors correctly, ive cleaned all the sensors but nothing, its also not recognising the top left cover is open, but if you check the sensor in output mode its working, its mind boggling me ha

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floody View Post
    ive took all the covers off to watch/check all the flags are blocking the sensors correctly, ive cleaned all the sensors but nothing, its also not recognising the top left cover is open, but if you check the sensor in output mode its working, its mind boggling me ha
    I had this the other day on a DF-624. It was the sensor that recognized if the door (middle cover) was open. The sensor had become unseated (as one of the other posters alluded to) and did not line up with the flag when the door was closed causing it to not recognize paper. The sensor is under the back cover.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

The housing for the sensor is probably cracked/broken.

A07H57001 guide

Seen this a few times, very intermittent, very hard to find. The flag is not stuck and moves freely. The sensor checks in service mode. What happens is when paper is loaded the pivot point on the flag is loose and the entire flag lifts out of the sensor so it doesn't detect anything was loaded.

Another thing I've seen cause the adf to not be responsive but sensors check in service is the adf is crooked. Enough that the magnetic reed sensor is not being actuated and the adf doesn't recognize it's closed. Or in one case the magnet on the underside of the adf was missing altogether. Lift up the adf and look on the front right corner for a magnet held in with 1 screw. But from what you said I think its more likely the plastic posts holding the flag are broke/cracked.
    Gl

thanks guys for the information, il give your ideas ago and get back to yous