Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Right Side door stuck after transfer belt replacement - how to access to release

Re: Right Side door stuck after transfer belt replacement - how to access to release

Quote Originally Posted by Eresources View Post
    This happens when the right hand side transfer belt latch LOOKS like it went in okay. You can home the holder and screw it in and it feels like it latched okay, but it pushed the belt up on the right side, hence the error message. Once this happens there's not enough clearance for the right catch to work correctly. I now always grab the right side and wiggle it to make sure it's seated okay. I've had this happen to one of our tech and myself. First time I had to brute force the door open. I think you can try to take the door hinge off but it was a b^&ch of a job if I remember. I broke the right catch the first time.
    All the screws on that door are painted, assuming that you can't take it apart. You can ... but it's a huge job. You have to strip the hinge area on the rear to the frame. On mine, the latch had just crumbled, from being dried out then slammed really hard, on a construction site.

C352 front pawl.jpgC352 front pawl2.jpgC352 front pawl1.jpg

Note the strategic use of coathanger and epoxy, stringing together all the broken pieces. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Re: Right Side door stuck after transfer belt replacement - how to access to release

Success! Managed to get it unstuck and bonus, in one piece. But, had to remove both hinges to allow right side door more play so I could 'work' it loose. It was really moving and nearly coming out but was still held somehow. Couldn't be the right hook had to be a spindle/bar inter-locked somehow? So, gave two motors a few turns (rotating body type located behind motherboard framework) and I heard gearing inside interlocking something then gave door a pull and it came right out! Couldn't believe it! Seemed roller in door a bit dislodged but OK . And as all you chaps had said, I could now see that the transfer belt wasn't seated correctly. It was slightly higher than normal and right side gear not meshing with gear below it. Removed transfer belt and replaced three times, making sure it would travel all way in then drop into place, gears interlocking. I connected everything back up and started machine OK. So, now door opens and closes, but now requires a bit of a push forward to fully lock. Will need tightening in places. Thanks for all your advice. Next time I need to replace transfer belt I'll make sure I have more room to see it seated.

Will include pictures later.