Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Emptying Waste Toner

Hi Guys,

We are having a debate in our office about whether or not we should be emptying waste toner containers on PM calls,

We have been doing it for years but recently heard its not the best from a health and safety position.

Do you empty them and what's your company policy on emptying?

It would be good to know if you work for the manufacture or independent.

**Could a mod move this into the general copier discussion forum, as its not just relevant for Konica.**
    Last edited by rinser; 07-21-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Message to mod

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Emptying Waste Toner

how do you empty them , do you vac them out, how much is a vac filter compared to a WTB, do you empty them into a black sack, what happens if the bag splits & the customers office gets covered....
    Generally we never empty them, due to the mess they make, I've done it in the past....and swallowed toner, everytime i sneezed or blew my nose...it was black...suggesting it's not good for the health
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Emptying Waste Toner

We empty them all the time. We do it at our shop though, not at the customer's, unless it is full and I don't have a spare with me.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Emptying Waste Toner

We supply new ones, never empty them, horrible mess & looks so unprofessional.

This is the only part we dont use genuine, cheap as chips & customer changeable so no call out required, this saves tine & money!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Emptying Waste Toner

We replace them for customers, empty at shop, always have plenty of replaceable's. Speaking about black coming out of your nose, back in the eighties, working on Sharps, doing pm's on from sf 740's to sf 750's, 755's 760's 781's, would do 4-5 pm's daily, dumping developer(4-7,8K cycles) get home blow out my noise and seeing nothing buy black gook, never thought twice about it (like working in the coal mines) almost, lol.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    We empty them all the time. We do it at our shop though, not at the customer's, unless it is full and I don't have a spare with me.
    100% same here, only buy them when we need more.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Emptying Waste Toner

Rarely do we empty at the customer's site. IF we have to, due to lack of a spare, we'll usually take it outside and dump it into a strong plastic bag (don't use cheap bags or you risk it spilling in your vehicle or exploding when the trash man comes). Most of the time though, I have a spare that I've emptied, and I'll stick that one in and take their full one back to the shop to empty. Almost every W.T. Bottle can be emptied and re-used.

I just ask where is the kitchenette and for a spare refuse bag. Use a brush and a syringe bulb to clean it. It good practice to remove the lens and clean it.
    We do supply spare waste boxes to all customers for wen the machine asks for replacement.
    That just means i need to return to the customer to replace the spare, and that is a waste of time.
    Whatever

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If they are a KM customer (under maintenance) you can sign them up for the Green Planet program..All MFP waste products (toner, waste bottles, IU's ect) can be placed into a pre paid UPS Shipping box and sent back to KM for free. Emujo

Emojo2,

You sounds like you work for KM, do you empty them?