Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Bizhub C360 the following functions can not be used because the scanner

Hi All
    Thanks for the response I've tried the reset and straight back to scanner unavailable . There are no codes coming up ,this is whats throwing me . I've checked and rechecked all connections, all are connected . There is no movement from the scanner and the lamp doesn't power on in initial check . in service mode there is no ADF button to do any adjustments its like it doesn't see it has a scanner.

anything else you can suggest? it was working before it was messed with .

thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Have you tried re-enabling the adf/scanner in the trouble isolation section of service mode? It may be tripped to have it disabled, which would explain why it is unavailable with no service code. Just a thought. The fact the ADF button doesn't show up also leads me to believe that it may be disable in service mode.
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub C360 the following functions can not be used because the scanner

Like I said in my earlier post if you checked isolation and scanner was "UN"set (all should be highlighted) then....with no response at all from scanner and machine not recognizing it, it has to be a connection or bad board. Check for bent pin(s) on cable that goes from MFPB to scanner. May have to check voltages at different connectors as a last resort, one of those rare times needing to look at the schematic

Good luck

Alrighty then.

First goto Service mode > Counter > Service Call History Data. Look for sc codes there.
    Then goto Counter > Section Service Call. It gives you a brief description of the error.

If it starts with a C6xxx or even a C8xxx its related to anything above the fuser.

Then goto System 1 > Problem Unit Isolation Set. Check if any thing there is SET and UNSET it.

Could be that you need to do NV ram recovery or Firmware. Leaving the NRram out or leaving the machine switched off for a week should be the same thing. I had machines switched off for years and the time and data was still ok. Sorting the pins out is another thing.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Like I said in my earlier post if you checked isolation and scanner was "UN"set (all should be highlighted) then....with no response at all from scanner and machine not recognizing it, it has to be a connection or bad board. Check for bent pin(s) on cable that goes from MFPB to scanner. May have to check voltages at different connectors as a last resort, one of those rare times needing to look at the schematic

Good luck
    Ok great you know whats up.
    What was the initial concern about the NVram?
    Check for ICP's.
    Whatever

Technician

Hi all it looks like the CCD caused the fault as it doesn't say function un available it does however now have an error code c- 5730 . this isn't in the manual .

any ideas on this if just re applied the firmware . its a bit or a lemon but i wont let it beat me .

thanks again

The few times I had scanner stop working on that C220 series was from a CCD trouble code. As I said in earlier post I've had to replace a few CCD units. Another time the connector was loose for the ccd unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    just for the sake of clarification, once he does the trouble reset and reboots, if its a hard fault he will see the trouble code and we could have further diagnosed it.
    if the scanner worked again after reboot it could have been something as the scanner not reaching the HPS or for a variety of reasons.
    either way a trouble reset is the first step in ANY component/accessory isolation issue.
    paper behind a tray, c0202 code and locks out tray. a trouble reset will set it straight again. no amount of power cycles will reset it.
    its not just for lamps or fusers.
    some errors you have to do a soft reset as described and others must be done with service mode initialization system error clear.
    either way i wasnt trying to have a pissing contest with you, i just have enough experience over the years walking through troubleshooting with someone that i was taken aback when you flat out said sure you could be unless you TRY a trouble reset first, period.
    thats all i will say on this and i hope the OP reports back soon.

Sorry, but gonna beat a dead horse here.. A C0202 code is classified as a Rank B code. These are reset by open/close the front door. Rank A= Trouble Reset, Rank B= Open/close front door, Rank C= Cycle power. All of these clear their associated ranked code, but if problem is still there they will just pop back up again. Since the user was offered the "choice" of bypassing the faulty section and continuing w/o the use of these features, this was a self isolating error. User will be prompted to turn the "sub" power switch to continue. If the main power is cycled, the self isolated component is assumed to have been corrected and the MFP will start its normal cycle. If it hasn't been corrected the process will start again. Trouble reset does not clear Rank B,C or self isolating problems. A trouble reset may reset a fuser over temp, but it not designed as a normal trouble shooting step as it is "directly" related to a safety issue. We were in hot water over a tech that gave the trouble reset procedure to a customer and the customer wound up melting his fuser because he just kept doing the trouble reset. Emujo Edit..And BTW, if I'm incorrect in my views, I encourage you to show where you are finding written documentation on the use of the trouble reset feature. This is the way I have been taught in KM classes and how I read the use of trouble reset in the SM.

Great explanation Emjuo!

Just wanted to add some of the codes like the C0202 code will isolate after trying to reset a few times. At that point you have to go into service mode and "UNset" that tray, etc. (most of the time paper stuck behind paper drawer in the case of C0202)

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Well I guess my 18+ years of experience and certifications does not hold a candle to your book knowlege.
    A tray lockout can be reset by a soft reset as I detailed last page AND by unset in service mode.
    One day you will see no amount of book knowlege compares to the real world.

I'm not mad btw, I'm actually amused at the lack of real world experience it appears some people have.