Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C360 printing speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nommo View Post
    Tech51 - I will check out if these settings will do when I will be there

Emujo - As far as I remember I checked and Ethernet speed is AUTO, but I am not sure, will check it out. For me it seems it's option #1 from which you gave me.
    The driver is not shared, we are talking about Windows7 64bit + newest drivers (3.7.0.0 PostScript, the one which is dedicated for these series, not Universal).

Regards,
    Nommo.
    If it's number 1, then it's probably not a problem with the C360. All the ripping is being done on the client and until the job has completed ripping (this is that 10mb increasing in size you see) it will not be sent to the MFP. If this is an advance job done in Acrobat, illustrator or some other desktop publishing, it has to do all this number crunching to make a file the MFP can work with. Print as image might help. Another thing you can use as a tool is to send the job to that little old HP sitting back in the corner, if this prints the job relatively quickly, then you can be pretty sure the issue is with the file type being sent and all the conversion that has to take place (HP are usually true PS printer versus the MFPs that are emulators). Try taking that acrobat or illustrator file and saving it as PDF, then send the job. My guess is you will see a marked improvement. Emujo

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    If it's number 1, then it's probably not a problem with the C360. All the ripping is being done on the client and until the job has completed ripping (this is that 10mb increasing in size you see) it will not be sent to the MFP. If this is an advance job done in Acrobat, illustrator or some other desktop publishing, it has to do all this number crunching to make a file the MFP can work with. Print as image might help. Another thing you can use as a tool is to send the job to that little old HP sitting back in the corner, if this prints the job relatively quickly, then you can be pretty sure the issue is with the file type being sent and all the conversion that has to take place (HP are usually true PS printer versus the MFPs that are emulators). Try taking that acrobat or illustrator file and saving it as PDF, then send the job. My guess is you will see a marked improvement. Emujo
    Roger that will check that out, when will be there. The main aim is to print the file somehow, obviously printing faster is much better, that's why I ask. For now my steps (before I started the thread- they are in main post) fixed the "blackout" issue, but when I will be there next time I will try some more tricks from this thread. Definitely I will come back here and tell if and what helped

Thanks a lot for help,
    Nommo.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

All this is good info. Just like to add to what blackcat4866 said. When I install a machine and have to add a switch, I pay extra for a GB switch. No more 10/100 for most any environment. I don't want to kill their pc's, voip phone or other device's bandwidth, even and especially on a 10/100 network.

Technician

Well.. In my country (Poland) most of the time I have to handle already existing network. Most of the times there's router from ISP, which again most of times is 10/100 so I can do nothing about it. But actually on this occasion there should be 10/100/1000 switches, cuz this is quite huge company and everything is brand new so I belive it's 1Gbit When I will be there I will reply what worked and what not

Regards,
    Nommo.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

My IT guy told me to look at it like this: on a 10/100 network... using a 10 port "fast ethernet 10/100" switch, now has max10mb per port bandwidth. Same network using a 10 port GB switch has max 100MB (full speed capacity per port). Of coarse the total is still the total, but I'm usually installing just a 5 port switch and usually just plugging in 1 pc and the copier where there was only 1 jack available. So the two devices have up to 100mb bandwidth each, when available vs up to 10mb max.

Technician

Hi!
    I was few times on site so I will post what I did:
    1) Using option "Print as image" in PDF made file size flying up to whopping 500mb, but actually that was the way to do, because when it was sent to MFP it was printed instantly.
    2) All of you talking about network speed... You were right guys. When I made several tests I could achive whopping 50ms ping between PCs and MFP (all without WiFI - well.. meh..). But when I took laptop and plugged it in insted of MFP (to the same ethernet cable) and made speed test between random PC and this laptop... 2mbit/s in local network. Well.. I didn't expected this, but that's the only reason of slow transfers
    3) I tried printing from USB - and ofc I found more problems - Client has C220 and C360. On C220 everything was working nice (besides that 180mb files caused freeze of MFP and I had to restart it - so no luck there - for me it wasn't possible to print them out). But C360 had interesting error. I tried 2 ports (one close to the panel, one at the back [not Firmware port - don't worry ]) and everytime, no matter what file I tried to printout I got "KONICA MINOLTA C360 error page".
    Here's photo of that:
    error.jpg

I've never seen that one - so I literally had no idea where should I dig in. "undefined" error message didn't help me either. I downloaded configs of both MFPs - I will dig into them and check differences, but machine adjustments files are almost same (no major differences in settings connected with scanning / printing / box).

Had anyone encountered this kind of problem?

-------------

What I did to machine to make it printing faster (maybe some1 will need that kind of info):
    1) HDD is not printing buffer
    2) Network card's speed set to 100mbit/s (couldn't get 1gbit/s working - MFP would connect to network at all).
    3) On PC - tried "Print as image" setting.

Regards,
    Nommo.

EDIT:
    I just realized that I may know the answer - I forced MFP to print everything as PostScript. When I will be there I will try that out, or maybe someone has any other answer ?