Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

C360 printing speed.

Hey.
    I've got one C360 machine on client's side, which is used to print huge documents (some graphics stuff etc.). First problem was, that these documents (~250mb+) caused machine to pass out (once the print was being sent to machine, it was accepting data and after some time screen went black and.. that's it. needed to reset the machine to get it back). Seems it disappeared after changing settings in Windows driver (to send document directly to machine, not in "chunks" - actually it should help other way round, but for some reason that even helped in priting speed). But it still takes quite much time to send. Teoretically the network speed shouldn't be a bottleneck (cmon on worst case scenario it's 100mbit/s, cuz everything works on cables, no WiFi). Are there any other options I can try out? Maybe fiery controller would help out, has anyone any words about it, cuz I don't have expiriance with it on these series)?

Regards,
    Nommo.

Re: C360 printing speed.

Have you tried different drivers. If you are using PS try PCL. Put the job on a thumb drive and plug it in on the machine.
    Is it a 250Mb file or does it spool to that size?
    What kind of file is it?
    What OS and app it in use?
    Whatever

Technician

Yep, both drivers checked. It's some kind of Photoshop, which gets exported to pdf (around 10mb) and than gets flattened and finally we get this huge file. Os is windows 7 + Photoshop as mentioned before. I am always using TCP/IP, so that's not the problem. If I will be on clients side I will remember to tell about USB option, somehow I used all the time to find out the solution of problem instead of another option :-)

Thanks,
    Nommo.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I use the pcl driver and set up an lpr port with byte counting enabled. I always set the print spooling on the driver to print after last page is spooled (in the advanced tab on the driver). This means the data is sent in one go from the computer to the copier. You may also like to experiment with turning on or off spool using hdd setting on the copier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check the NIC and ensure it is set to max speed (100 MB I think or auto). If you open the print viewer and send one of these jobs what are you seeing

1. Print job starts out a 10 mb and balloons to 100 or more before the MFP data light starts flashing, print job shows sent and copier begins to print at rated speed.
    2. Print job shows 10 mb and then shows job sent. MFP data light starts flashing and print job takes huge amount of time to start printing, but when it starts, the job finishes at rated speed
    3. Similar to #2, but print jobs come out 1 page at a time with a long delay between prints.

You also might want to check and post the version of the drivers you are using and the OS of the workstation, and if this is a shared driver (from print server). Emujo

Technician

Tech51 - I will check out if these settings will do when I will be there

Emujo - As far as I remember I checked and Ethernet speed is AUTO, but I am not sure, will check it out. For me it seems it's option #1 from which you gave me.
    The driver is not shared, we are talking about Windows7 64bit + newest drivers (3.7.0.0 PostScript, the one which is dedicated for these series, not Universal).

Regards,
    Nommo.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nommo View Post
    Yep, both drivers checked. It's some kind of Photoshop, which gets exported to pdf (around 10mb) and than gets flattened and finally we get this huge file. Os is windows 7 + Photoshop as mentioned before. I am always using TCP/IP, so that's not the problem. If I will be on clients side I will remember to tell about USB option, somehow I used all the time to find out the solution of problem instead of another option :-)
    If I'm reading you description correctly, it's a PDF that you are printing? PDFs have always been an issue, especially large ones. In most PDF viewers there was an option on the print dialogue box that you can select that stated something like, "Print as image", which drastically speeds of printing of PDFs. Of course if they are using the browser to view and print the PDF, chances are that option won't show.

Capture.JPG
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

change the network speed on the machine to 10/100/1GB in admin mode under machine setting. i had the same problem with large file 11*17. it was crashing and timming out from the slow print. no problem since

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C360 printing speed.

This is a little extreme but it's the example that I experienced:

I had a C360 doing this. My enduser was printing photographic quality PDF images, 36" x 48" original image size, flattened and reduced to 8 1/2" x 11". I had two C360's within 20 ft. of each other. Machine #1 was a little slow (10 minutes per page), and machine two was a lot slow (70 minutes per page).

As an experiment, I swapped locations of the two identical printers. Then machine #2 was 10 minutes, and machine #1 was 70 minutes. By that point I had a pretty good idea what was going on. When I rolled out machine #2 initially, there was a nest of Cat5 a good 4" deep.

The line from the wall to the switch was 50ft long and coiled up.
    The line from the switch to the VOIP box was 100ft long.
    And the line from the VOIP box to the MFP was 50ft long.
    It was a 1000MB network, but the switch was a 100MB device, and the VOIP box was 10MB device.

If I removed the superfluous 200ft of wire, switch and VOIP box out of the chain, it printed that same gigantic file in about 10 minutes. When you daisy chain network devices like this, the MFP can only communicate at the lowest speed device's speed.

When I printed the huge sample file from my laptop via crossover, it took about 10 minutes. A normal PDF 1000 pg service manual printed at rated speed.

And all this for a government job. Photography was a side job and she was using the company printer only because it did a better job than her POS home printer. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Nah, it's new building, all cat5e, so nothing to worry there. Also switches are literally new stuff so there shouldn't be any problem there. I will check the Nic card speed setting and the thing in pdf viewer, but I'm pretty sure it's already set to make images.

Thanks for help :-)
    Nommo.