Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica C224 toner compatibility

Re: Konica C224 toner compatibility

I wouldn't recommend it, besides toners are NOT that expensive. Plus when a single color DV unit costs $500+ why chance it.

While you are at it you can save $$$ by re-rolling your toilet paper & paper towels and reuse them

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it, besides toners are NOT that expensive. Plus when a single color DV unit costs $500+ why chance it.

While you are at it you can save $$$ by re-rolling your toilet paper & paper towels and reuse them
    May as well wash the @$$ and save some Konica C224 toner compatibility.

But you are right. The labour involved plus the chances of premature failures, think it is not worth, unless you fill it with Maybelline, then it might be worth it!

Must be Christmas season.. all this jokes popping in my head.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    May as well wash the @$$ and save some Konica C224 toner compatibility.

But you are right. The labour involved plus the chances of premature failures, think it is not worth, unless you fill it with Maybelline, then it might be worth it!

Must be Christmas season.. all this jokes popping in my head.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Sir
    There is no premature failure.
    please understand in case of C220/C280/C360 Drum unit, Developer Unit, Transfer Belt Unit & Fixing Unit is same for all models, RIGHT?
    Do you think toner could be OR can be Technically different?
    Is it possible when all Xerographic components are same and toner is different?
    It is just marketing strategy, if machine speed is low, operating cost should go high, so Toner Cap is made differently, We never used C220 OEM Toner but in initial days we used C360 Toner(OEM) and replaced Black Caps of C220/C280.
    Guys please understand technically we are taken for ride for many things like main boards costs 80% of machine cost. WT hell?
    Love this unity

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Sir
    There is no premature failure.
    please understand in case of C220/C280/C360 Drum unit, Developer Unit, Transfer Belt Unit & Fixing Unit is same for all models, RIGHT?
    Do you think toner could be OR can be Technically different?
    Is it possible when all Xerographic components are same and toner is different?
    It is just marketing strategy, if machine speed is low, operating cost should go high, so Toner Cap is made differently, We never used C220 OEM Toner but in initial days we used C360 Toner(OEM) and replaced Black Caps of C220/C280.
    Guys please understand technically we are taken for ride for many things like main boards costs 80% of machine cost. WT hell?
    Love this unity
    This is one series and the models within that series. Yes, the toners are the same between the three models. But to put C220 toner into a C368 is not a good idea. As models change, so does the toner. Advances are made. Things get better, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    This is one series and the models within that series. Yes, the toners are the same between the three models. But to put C220 toner into a C368 is not a good idea. As models change, so does the toner. Advances are made. Things get better, hopefully.
    Keeping in view of above mentioned discussion about carrier ratio in toner their may consequences of using toner of different models. I have personal experience on color mfp' s creating image problems and it seems that there is more developer in DV than it should be....how it's possible, reducing developer qty fixes the problem. The additional developer came with non OEM substandard toner.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Been running Color Inmaging toner made in USA for several years, on c220 series and C224/e series. Only issue we have sometimes is yellow dev dusting way earlier than other colors. Usually around 60k or more. Tried Copylite compatible dev on all colors with reset & calibration setting up at density levels around 6.5% to 6.9% which is same as OEM levels. On a couple of units, we had yellow dev dusting excessively after only 20k or so.
    Question:
    Anyone using strictly OEM toners see yellow dev dusting, if so, at what meter?
    Anyone using aftermarket dev replacement and same dev unit again? (Recalibrated with a reset chip?), your success?
    Most every one of our developer changes with aftermarket dev. goes fine. Some bad ATDC/reset chips on the market made us just re-use the OEM ATDC sensor and a reset piggyback chip to initialize and recalibrate. Those strictly reset chips work every time, with the aforementioned yellow overtoning occasionally. Thought maybe the transfer belt being too old was a factor, but I think we've ruled that out. BTW, Drums are always replaced on schedule. We know you can't stretch the drums too far without pulling dev & screwing up the dev. level.
    THANKS for feedback from anyone.

PS. Color Imaging is walking away from the C224e toners series. We are looking for a compatible replacement source.