Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Office 365 Scans to email has stopped working with C368 series

Hi All,

In the last few days I've seen a lot of machines that have lost the ability to scan to email when configured for direct send using Office365 and the logs displaying 'Login error' even though credentials are not required for this method.

When configuring these devices using client submission they works fine, has anyone else come across this issue?
    Last edited by stan780953; 08-02-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Re: Office 365 Scans to email has stopped working with C368 series

Quote Originally Posted by stan780953 View Post
    Hi All,

In the last few days I've seen a lot of machines that have lost the ability to scan to email when configured for direct send using Office365 and the logs displaying 'Login error' even though credentials are not required for this method.

When configuring these devices using client submission they works fine, has anyone else come across this issue?
    The machine is configured to use the office 365 server for actually sending the email? I've never seen this work without authentication.

If a company is happy with the machine using an external mail server these days I simply set it up to use gmail, which has never given me trouble and never just randomly stops working like office365 is guaranteed to do at some stage. Nothing but trouble and a pain in the ass since it arrived.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have one customer accessing Office 365 w/o authentication so it is possible, but this guy is a 365 super genius. So if it was working then stopped it was either due to a MFP firmware/function version change, or an update to Office 365 that your IT rep is not aware of. Not much help, but I would go through the Microsoft KB for Office 365 and see if anything stands out. Emujo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

We've got a C227 with a customer using 365, apparently it kept stopping sending, according to their IT the "IP address had been blacklisted", I set up a gmail account , programmed it into the m/c....haven't heard back....I try & avoid 365 as much as possible, we use 365 at work, when I set up m/c's in the showroom, it's hit & miss whether they'll work at all, so I've set up a gmail account for our demo m/cs too.....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...