Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Anyone swapped over a RIP? Got ic-306 issues!

Re: Anyone swapped over a RIP? Got ic-306 issues!

Quote Originally Posted by dagoof View Post
    Not had much luck so far Synthohol

I went through the dongles I had with the Fiery Options v1.5 boot disc - most said they had "no uses left" but one still had 1 available use left.

However, it said the FACI was already enabled and not to re-enable. I would have tried to re-enable anyway but unfortunately the enable button is grayed-out/unselectable. The PDF you attached had menus etc accessible in the options disc but I don't appear to have them (they're likely only available when 'enable' is an option?).
    Good afternoon friends.In Bizhub C7000 this exchange is only possible after disabling the HD's in switching DIPSW 02-0.

Try disabling it on the C8000 and try it out.

If you can not, get a DIPSW list of a C8000 that runs with IC306 and compares yours. Well sure to be a DIPSW key that does not have functions in the service manual.

Still learning... 100+ Posts

Just wondering if I could clone the HDD from my other ic306 with the Fiery Clone Tool disc (or some other bit-for-bit cloning program)?
    I still have the original HDD but it's inaccessible even as a secondary/slave drive.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just wondering if I could clone the HDD from my other ic306 with the Fiery Clone Tool disc (or some other bit-for-bit cloning program)?
    I still have the original HDD but it's inaccessible even as a secondary/slave drive.

the 306 was used on the 6/7000 and 8000 to get it to work with an 8000 you need to upgrade the rip with a one time use dongle , this burns to the cmos on the motherboard. there is simply put no other way to make it happen.

Thanks Alb, it should already be on the cmos then! I don't know what the issue is, I can't be the only person in the world to have a hdd fail.

I had a corrupt install on another ic306, reinstalled and had no problem!

try this , put your hdd into a pc and run fdisk, remove all partitions put it back into the rip and then try loading it, also just a fyi, something in my memory is telling me that there were bad copies of the 306 load dvds.

Thanks again for trying to help Alb - this was a fresh fdisk'd drive in the RIP though (after the original became totally unreadable) so I'm not sure that'd make any difference? I think the Fiery re-install cd fdisks anyway as part of the installation?
    I'd also tried 2 different sets of Fiery discs I have. Not easy, eh

Thanks again for trying to help Alb - this was a fresh fdisk'd drive in the RIP though (after the original became totally unreadable) so I'm not sure that'd make any difference? I think the Fiery re-install cd fdisks anyway as part of the installation?
    I'd also tried 2 different sets of Fiery discs I have. Not easy, eh
    ok then try this , there should be diagnostic software that came with the rip. start unit off of it and when complete say to copy to jump drive. check text file for what is good/bad as far as hardware.
    i think the 306 looks for a certain size/type of drive before it will load. i have cloned drives from these ,however a cloned drive will refuse future reloads from the dvds.

Ok, I've tried running the diagnostics a couple of times - on the system test I get:

[System : PCI Routing Test] SYS06 E011 * Verify 1 card(s)

I did the 'full test' but it must've crashed on the HDD test (ran for 24hr with no progress) - but strangely when I do all the HDD tests independently (performance, surface and smart IIRC) they all pass.

Technician

Dear, I need the version 2.0 of that fiery (Pro80), I lost the discs and xp does not start, someone will have the images ?? Thank you very much for your help