biz hub 601 tossing toner out on the rear edge.

I have rnr the developer not long ago. but its back to smearing toner again. I went back yesterday and cleaned up image unit. But its clearly not going to hold up for long. The toner splattering on the rear edge again. lightly but definitely. any Ideas? thanks RAy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Brett GS's Avatar

Re: biz hub 601 tossing toner out on the rear edge.

Could be many things like dev unit,charge unit,did you run the settings rite and get OK when you changed the developer and did you set the drum voltage?.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Those machine are notorious for spewing toner. Since that model is such a toner pig there are several things that cause what you describe. Like the other poster said did you do the peculiarly adjustments after dv change? Also make sure your cleaning unit clutch is good and running all the time. There is a soft switch for this. Also some soft switches to make machine add less toner. Will see if I can dig these settings up in my old paper work.
    Check dev gears, see if stripped and not mixing toner all the time (especially the real small gear with bearing in it)? Also with that machine being old check all rubber & mylar seals in clean unit, etc

If all else fails you may have to do a complete 250k PM kit with new developer.

Im sure I ran a dv calibration but I do not remember setting drum voltage. Is this an extra step with this machine?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would be surprised if this box was not doing what you described lol but they hit every thing I know and I believe the soft switches are 5-1 and 23-3 make them a 1 if not already and yes you should check the drum voltage it will say what it is supposed to be on the back end of the drum.