Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Imaging Issue on a 364E i have never seen before!

Sound like laser unit confusion.

Sound like laser unit confusion.check laser unit cable/belt

Technician
    just replaced the PH UNIT and it he issue on magenta and black still have the issue. not sure what else to do . maybe engine board.

Technician
    Manufacturer suggest the MFP board. going to try that tomorrow . machine is under warranty also . so the idea of replacing if this doesn't fix it is possible but I would prefer to fix this.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Imaging Issue on a 364E i have never seen before!

Wow! I feel for you. Might as well try the MFP. Not many options left. You practically replaced everything.

We all get a machine like this where it just don't make sense. I think the Jap's throw a machine out there every once in awhile just to make our lives miserable

Keep us posted.

Good luck!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Wow! I feel for you. Might as well try the MFP. Not many options left. You practically replaced everything.

We all get a machine like this where it just don't make sense. I think the Jap's throw a machine out there every once in awhile just to make our lives miserable

Keep us posted.

Good luck!
    Yep the "Friday afternoon machine". Where it's Friday afternoon at the factory, and they put it together quickly as they're rushing home for the weekend
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Technician
    mfp is a no go. one of my idc sensors running low around 2.6 cleaned and cleaned now going to try and replace the prcb due to the low idc sensor.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Imaging Issue on a 364E i have never seen before!

Wow! is all I can say. Don't think there is anything left to swap after the Printer control pwb.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    No, we were not necessarily having low TCR levels; we were checking them. The machine had NO IDEA the developer unit was low on toner, and only after we completely STARVED the unit by running sky shots, did the toner motor come on and add toner.. at first we thought it might have been a clogged toner hopper issue, because the sensor arm may have been stuck, causing the machine to think the hopper had toner when it didn't. But that didn't work at all and we destroyed a total of 4 developer units before giving up on the machine.. very expensive. It would be one thing if the developer was available separately, so we could keep replacing it while we troubleshot, but its not, so replacing the whole units (at $175 each) was our only option...

And YES, I absolutely agree, the Konicas are great machines until you have a problem, but when you do, it's a SERIOUS problem.. luckily, we don't have that many!
    OC
    We get the bags of dv for the c220 series and replace toner sensors. Re-use the dv units several times. Haven't searched for 4e series dv bags and reset chips.

That look is well known to a lot of us who have seen low K dev, but isn't it a more spiraled/slanted look when the mag roller is depleted?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Did you replace the transfer belt or check the tension cams on the rear of the TB? I had one post pop out of the slot (probably dropped) and had strange/weak copy on that color. It may have been a C353 series IDK, long time back, but theoretically the same. Could be several tension cams are popped out? Longshot...