Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica 2230 with 52-01 error code

Thumbs up Konica 2230 with 52-01 error code

Customer called this morning with an error 52-01 on a Konica 2230. I have done a couple of calls on this machine for this customer in last 6 months.

One was for quality(cleaned mirrors etc) and other for damage slider in tray causing paper to be loose and skew/jam.

I know this is a 20 year old machine and it looks like this code may have something to do with one of the fans. This is one of those machines that
    were installed by TRW in the stationery stores and has no doc feeder but customer controls usage from behind counter.

My inclination is to sell customer another machine, used but low count. Can any machine be hooked up to there system which allows store owner from
    behind counter to allow customers use of machine and it tracks meter as well so they know what to charge. Any help is appreciated.

Customer would rather have machine repaired. Frank

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Konica 2230 with 52-01 error code

[QUOTE=axyun;579124]Customer called this morning with an error 52-01 on a Konica 2230. I have done a couple of calls on this machine for this customer in last 6 months.

One was for quality(cleaned mirrors etc) and other for damage slider in tray causing paper to be loose and skew/jam.

I know this is a 20 year old machine and it looks like this code may have something to do with one of the fans. This is one of those machines that
    were installed by TRW in the stationery stores and has no doc feeder but customer controls usage from behind counter.

My inclination is to sell customer another machine, used but low count. Can any machine be hooked up to there system which allows store owner from
    behind counter to allow customers use of machine and it tracks meter as well so they know what to charge. Any help is appreciated.

Customer would rather have machine repaired. Frank[/QUOT

curious if you ever figured out the 52-01 code..?
    as I habe the exact same scenario,
    TRM machine, with same code, customer does have coin/counter behind his register..I got into "25" service mode, but didnt figure anything out..
    any help appreciated...Thanks !

Jaime,
    I.C.S.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Konica 2230 with 52-01 error code

It was a fan issue. Could not locate original fan and tried a substitute that was close but not the same. The error code went away
    temporarily and then came back. Sold customer another machine. You may have to do same thing and if customer requires a counter
    behind register you may need to have a compatible harness/counter system for the machine. There is a company called Jamex that sells these counter systems and you can inquire about what is available for whatever model machine you are considering selling to customer. Frank