Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lantronix xPrintServer - Airprint with account codes on a KM 8 Series Machine

I have an issue with the Konica Minolta 8 Series machines being able to print using the xPrintServer devices when the machines are using account codes. This was working great with the 4 series and 4e series machines. Since we are now refreshing the customers' fleet with newer machines this feature has stopped working. Has anyone else run into this and maybe know of a fix for it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Lantronix xPrintServer - Airprint with account codes on a KM 8 Series Machine

8 series and 4e with latest FW have airprint ability, so you don't need to use lantronix print server at all, just enable bonjour and airprint on machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Lantronix xPrintServer - Airprint with account codes on a KM 8 Series Machine

Last I checked into this, air print does not allow for the input of account codes. If you have a screen shot of an air print printer that shows this feature I would appreciate it. Emujo

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Last I checked into this, air print does not allow for the input of account codes. If you have a screen shot of an air print printer that shows this feature I would appreciate it. Emujo
    I will be heading back down to the account next week and I will get some for you. Thanks...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    8 series and 4e with latest FW have airprint ability, so you don't need to use lantronix print server at all, just enable bonjour and airprint on machines.
    You need the Lantronix device if you want to use account codes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrstine View Post
    You need the Lantronix device if you want to use account codes.
    I setup c308 with user authentification (not account track). Users did rest of the job. If I remember correctly they chose "Airprint secure" or something similar (not Airprint) when selecting printer driver on Mac. And it worked.
    I supose there are some fields in there for username & password input, and if it works with user auth. I supose it works with account track.
    Didnt see it with my own eyes thou.

Dont have a Mac so cannot try that for you. Sorry