Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C6501

Hey there everyone,

I'm a little bit new to the small format world. My boss recently acquired this machine and I was tasked with "refreshing" the machine. I was able to acquire a theory of operation and field service manual for the printer. However I have replaced the Transfer Belt, all Drum Units, all Developer Units, and everything included in the 200K maintenance kit. I however need a little bit of help when it comes to what adjustments and operations I need to perform to tell the printer what I have done to it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Cody

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C6501

after you reset the counters for everything you replaced there is about 10 adjustments or so to do from gamma to dot to cal the fiery after the engine. do you have a densatomiter? the book kind of list these adjusments. these must be done in a certain order. these are not machine for the average tech and one who is not trained. these require alot of work and you need to run volume. this was not a great machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Kip Cody,
    I work on the BH Press C7000. It is alot like the 6501.
    In the maintenance section of the book you will find a matrix of adjustments that should be done
    after a PM.
    Did you change the developers?
    Woxner is correct in as much that this is not a machine for a new to copiers tech. I did not get OEM trained on this machine.
    I did what you are doing, get the books and go to work. What I found out was this can be very expensive machine to service.
    But if you do it right it will turn out OK. As you spend more time on it you will feel better.
    I usually do a through cleaning to start. Then I replace parts and reset counters. The matrix in the book gives the order
    the adjustments should be done.
    Yes you can clean the chargers and grids but it is usually better to replace them. It depends on the quality demands that will
    be put upon the machine. For the best quality replace the chargers.
    I will generally save a used set of chargers and drums for trouble shooting.

Get familiar with the book. It will be your best bet for awhile. If the colors don't look right you may want to run the
    gamma sensor offset adjustment. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on it at first.

Good luck

DR

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Kip Cody,
    I work on the BH Press C7000. It is alot like the 6501.
    In the maintenance section of the book you will find a matrix of adjustments that should be done
    after a PM.
    Did you change the developers?
    Woxner is correct in as much that this is not a machine for a new to copiers tech. I did not get OEM trained on this machine.
    I did what you are doing, get the books and go to work. What I found out was this can be very expensive machine to service.
    But if you do it right it will turn out OK. As you spend more time on it you will feel better.
    I usually do a through cleaning to start. Then I replace parts and reset counters. The matrix in the book gives the order
    the adjustments should be done.
    Yes you can clean the chargers and grids but it is usually better to replace them. It depends on the quality demands that will
    be put upon the machine. For the best quality replace the chargers.
    I will generally save a used set of chargers and drums for trouble shooting.

Get familiar with the book. It will be your best bet for awhile. If the colors don't look right you may want to run the
    gamma sensor offset adjustment. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on it at first.

Good luck

DR
    I'll second that.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KipCody View Post
    Hey there everyone,

I'm a little bit new to the small format world. My boss recently acquired this machine and I was tasked with "refreshing" the machine. I was able to acquire a theory of operation and field service manual for the printer. However I have replaced the Transfer Belt, all Drum Units, all Developer Units, and everything included in the 200K maintenance kit. I however need a little bit of help when it comes to what adjustments and operations I need to perform to tell the printer what I have done to it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Cody
    hello
    the adjustments you are looking fore are on service mode under drum particularity menu
    you should start with atdc adjustment and continue with everything else.
    Also before you do this adjustments, best is to clean the registration sensors. you will find those inside the copier.
    There are 3 sensors: 2 for color adjustments and 1 for gamma adjustment, positioned in front of your transfer belt. Sensors are covered by 3 metal covers but you will find them easy. Clean those w/o scraching the surface. You only need to make sure there is no dust on them.

After you finish the adjustments make sure you reset counters for everything you replace.

Best of luck.

Technician

Thanks everyone for all of the information, it has been a huge help so far. I think that I've done the necessary adjustments and counter resets, however my color adjustment seems to be off. I'm getting a lot of cyan compared to everything else. Woxner you asked if I had a densatomiter which I do have for working on our large format equipment. I'm assuming that I need to set up the color adjustment on the IC-304 Creo firey controller? Thanks again for all of the help everyone!

Regards,

KipCody

Yes Cody, you will have to install it on the IC304.
    But did you do the gamma offset adjustment? I will use this adjustment to help produce
    a good process gray on the test target.
    Did you change the developer mixes? I usually get my best results when the drums chargers
    and developers are changed at the same time.

DR

Technician

I've tried running the gamma offset adjustment but I can't seem to get it to work on my machine. I did change the developer mix, but not the charge units would you recommend changing them as well? Thanks for all the help DR.

KipCody

Cody,
    This is an odd adjustment at first. Generally I only do the first page. Just increase or decrease the numbers until there is a faint color between the lines.
    You can run the auto gamma a couple of times if needed. Make sure the laser glasses on the right side of the process unit are clean.
    I usually will use a small piece of scotch brite to clean the charge corona's, place the scotch brite in a pair of hemostats so it will fold over the wire.
    Then use a qtip with 99% alcohol wipe the wire clean. To clean the grids I use alcohol on a piece of 24lb paper.
    Just splash the alcohol on the paper, fold in half and place the grid in the fold and pull the grid between you fingers. If you press to hard the
    grid will collect paper lint use a brush to get the lint off.
    Be sure and clean the scan optics also.
    New chargers are better than cleaning the old ones. As mentioned, it depends on the quality demands.

DR