Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C458 tripping

Technician

Re: C458 tripping

hi

As you will see from the video (the file I have is to large video to follow) this is what the machine is doing, I have tried and changed the below parts.

I have unplugged and removed the following:
    Fusing unit removed
    Image transfer belt removed
    Drums removed
    Devs removed
    Doc feed removed
    Unplugged the scanner bed and all connectors in the board just below
    Laser unit removed
    All fans that I can see
    Screen
    Removed all toner cartridges
    Removed all draws

Turned the machine on booted up silently came up with an error code and still tripped and went through the boot up prosses.

So changed the power board and then the DC board on the left hand side that you have to remove before the laser unit will come out.

Still tripping with everything out.

Reseated both the eeprom/1 and eeprom/2 left one out and then the other still tripping.

Put it all back together and cleared all errors

Tried to get into service mode normally can’t do it, tried by holding down reset button in trouble reset won’t let me do it, tried turning it on and holding down the start button won’t let me do anything.

Checked all the power supply checks that Andrew sent though, changed the power lead and plugged it into 3 different sockets. Still doing it

I am a broken man and obviously this fault is to intelligent for me.

any advice more than welcome.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You didn't try what @Kingarthur sugested; diconnect Dual scan RADF from dualscan board (HDMI cable), and also other two connectors. Then remove dual scan board from Printer control board. I supose machine should work normally without ADF (It may error out but ADF could be disabled in service mode in that case).
    If that doesn't give result then try to (do what I sugested) swap Printer Control Board from another machine (FW should match, in case of error do the FW update).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by REGSIS View Post
    You didn't try what @Kingarthur sugested; diconnect Dual scan RADF from dualscan board (HDMI cable), and also other two connectors. Then remove dual scan board from Printer control board. I supose machine should work normally without ADF (It may error out but ADF could be disabled in service mode in that case).
    If that doesn't give result then try to (do what I sugested) swap Printer Control Board from another machine (FW should match, in case of error do the FW update).
    yes have dissconnected and romoved the doc feed and the board dident make a difference, dont have a printer controller board to swap only thing i have is C287 and that is not going to fit a C658.

Technician

i have even sat there and dissconnected one thing at a time from the contoller board to see if that leads anywhere but no.

Technician

i have not done a firmware update beacuse it reboots when you boot it up to reset trouble codes so there is a very high chance it will reboot when trying to do firmware, and i have know idear what firmware version it is on i think this will probally cause more problems than solve them.

unless you think other wise?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C458 tripping

Quote Originally Posted by mike4001 View Post
    i have not done a firmware update beacuse it reboots when you boot it up to reset trouble codes so there is a very high chance it will reboot when trying to do firmware, and i have know idear what firmware version it is on i think this will probally cause more problems than solve them.

unless you think other wise?

You are joking right?

Use the latest firmware you have available. If board is a pancake then sticking extra jam wouldn't hurt I think.
    Currently the latest jam is G00-R9 Function Version 4.1
    Usually update takes max 10 min. If it doesn't boot to firmware screen or keeps re-booting whilst in firmware update process in 25 min then you have board issue.
    If you have ADF disconnected then it wont see it and update only what the board can see.

Reseating eMMC and Memory and HDD may help as well.

Also maybe handy to check all ICP's.
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

From what I have scanned on the posts -- You still haven't replaced the memory !!

We have had so many issues with the memory preventing the machines booting up, you also need to the firmware after that it would look like the MFP board.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

disconnect the ribbon between the mc and mfp, if it still resets its the power supply or the mc board