Thread: D341

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

D341

Got a Biz C308 that errors with “an internal error has occurred. System will reboot and error will be cleared” when a print job is sent to it, or if i disconnect from network & try to print from a memory stick, however it will scan & copy fine, looking at the management list it shows "D341" error, I've updated FW to Q4, i'm going to try a complete reset later, was just wondering if anyone had anything similar
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Re: D341

I had a C368 that was throwing this CD341 code recently - there was no mention of it in the service manual, service mode or in the KM solutions database. The machine gave an option on the error screen to "Recover Data".

First thing I did was unplug the network cable, Recover Data, reboot via main switch. Then I updated the firmware to the latest version (G00-R9 as of this writing), did the appropriate dip switches then rebooted again. Finally, I plugged in the network cable and had the customer print something. Since they use ID cards to authenticate into the MFP to retrieve print jobs, I had the customer log in and print out everything that she had sent over. No other issues came up *shrug*

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

had this yesturday on a smaller machine. did the data reset and its fine. its a backup error. it would not print config page or demo page everthing else was fine

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    had this yesturday on a smaller machine. did the data reset and its fine. its a backup error. it would not print config page or demo page everthing else was fine

this is a backup error where the contents of the ssd backup and mfp flash roms don't match.

in the end I brought it back to the workshop, plugged it in & couldn't get it to go wrong, tested it for a couple of days, took it back to the customer....haven't heard anything since....Weird
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

hi I wanted to leave a trace of what happened to me

- D341, the printer keeps restarting every time it received a file. The customer tried to turn off and on again several times without success.

Once I got there, a "Recover Data" button or something like that appeared. After a few seconds the 458 asked me to turn it off and on again. The problem was solved in this way.

For security I have updated the firmware to the latest version.

Just an update - Had this problem again today with a C558...reboot machine with network cable unplugged, it came to "Ready to copy" could copy fine, plugged the network cable back it & as soon as pit starts receiving, it went into an error state.....carried out Nonvolatile memory back up (Service Mode - Enhanced Security - Memory Data Backup), machine rebooted itself and started working straight away....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Thank you for your advice!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    D341

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Just an update - Had this problem again today with a C558...reboot machine with network cable unplugged, it came to "Ready to copy" could copy fine, plugged the network cable back it & as soon as pit starts receiving, it went into an error state.....carried out Nonvolatile memory back up (Service Mode - Enhanced Security - Memory Data Backup), machine rebooted itself and started working straight away....
    hello I have this same error when trying to print d341, I try to do (Service Mode - Enhanced Security - Memory Data Backup) and I get failed

thanks